PDA

View Full Version : Engine alarm!!!

John W
06-21-2004, 07:29 AM
My 16 classic 2004 withthe 5.0 mpi engine failed me yesterday or maybe I failed it. I got an engine alarm at idle, reset switch did not work , all the guages are in the green. Ran the boat up and alarm went silent. Then idling to the ramp it went off again. Cleaning the boat at the shop and flushing the engine, the temp went to 180 on the hose at idle speed, neve did that before
The boat has all of 16 hours, purchased it last fall. I did feel the need to replace the impeller with 3.0 hours on it.
Just for SNG's I will fill the outdrive lube bottle, seem a little low, kind of hard to see the way the engine is shoehorned in the boat.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
JW :confused:

Speed-Racer
06-21-2004, 02:50 PM
On our 96' an engine alarm means; oil psi to low, engine temp to high, or I think drive oil to low....

My 2 cents

MOP
06-21-2004, 08:27 PM
John if you purchased it last fall I would take it to the dealer, should be able to get it looked at under warranty. Low speed over heats can be a lot of things and should be checked out before it causes a problem.

Phil

John W
06-27-2004, 09:38 PM
The alarm was for the gear lube, must not have put enough in last fall. It is really hard to see and i ran the boat hard that weekend. Filled the bottle, no alarm and stupid me had a kink in the hose, explains the warm engine on the hose. All is good.
Thanks for your help.
JW :biggrin:

MOP
06-27-2004, 09:47 PM
Glad you solved it, now have some happy Donzi Daze!