PDA

View Full Version : 5.7 Merc parts

jc
06-18-2004, 06:02 PM
Have 2 complete 5.7 mercs that froze and cracked the blocks. 1 is a roller cam and the other is not.

Intakes, complete heads, rockers, push rods, cams, lifters, pistons, crank assembly's, centerbolt valve covers, timing covers, oil pans, etc....... all still good.

They are no good for cores so I'm stuck with 2 huge paper weights that are nothing but in my way. The local junk yard will take em away for free or I can disassemble and have a bunch of smaller paper weights that will still be in my way.

My new motors are vortecs so theres only a few parts I can really use and hopefully with my motors being new I won't need any parts for quite a while. Looking to see if anyone has any interest before I start tearing them down or call the junk man. jcmd62@hotmail.com or PM if your interested.

Cuda
06-18-2004, 08:54 PM
Got a water pump pulley?

jc
06-18-2004, 09:14 PM
Got a water pump pulley?

Sorry needed the water pump pulleys/brackets for the new motors. Crank pulleys too. I believe these and the Carbs, Distributers/coils/plug wires are the only things I did use on the new motors.

Might have an automotive pulley lying around. I am unsure if they are the same. Thought I read somewhere that they were different backspacing or something? --Jim--

Trueser
06-20-2004, 08:53 PM
Cuda,
I also have a couple spares.

I converted over to alum pulleys, What do you need?

Mike

Cuda
06-20-2004, 08:59 PM
I found out the pulley is ok, it was loose.

Trueser
06-20-2004, 09:59 PM
you should convert over to the alum cog belt. I should have a price and the whole set up by the end of the week,

Trueser

Cuda
06-20-2004, 10:13 PM
I've got to pull the water pump off. It's still making noises, I'm wondering if the loose pulley beat the bearings out of the brand new water pump.

jc
06-21-2004, 01:08 AM
I'd say it's possible.

Water pumps are still on both engines if you need one. One has very few hours, around 35 if you don't mind used. --Jim--