PDA

View Full Version : Turbo 1 prop

metraman
06-18-2004, 03:30 PM
I was talking to Steve at Turbo about a lighting or a Turbo 1 he wanted to be sure and called someone with a 22' classic and asked a couple of questions. Anyone out there speak to him today? He suggested a 26 lightning

Greg K
06-18-2004, 05:15 PM
If you're set on a Turbo prop, go with the Turbo 1. Many have been down this road.

metraman
06-18-2004, 08:50 PM
Im not set on anything would like a little less RPM ,less up and down and maybe more MPH. I understand turbo will exchange if needed.

slick
06-19-2004, 08:20 PM
Hey metraman how much HP are you running ? Answering this question will start you on road to the best prop for your 22' Classic. This is my story with Turbo Props, at AOTH IV Lake Cumberland, Ky. My 22' Classic has a 454 Mag MPI B-1 Drive 1.5 gears with M-1 Procharger and Intercooler. Lots of HP here and Steve recommended the 27" Turbo Lightning. This 27 Turbo Lightning was not the prop for my 22' Classic. This prop picked-up the rear end and sent the nose diving to starboard until it spun the hub in not one but two 27" Turbo Lightning Props. We ended up running a 26" Turbo Vector because it worked on my boat, ran 5200 RPM and handled much better than the Lightning. Turbo does not list a 27" Vector, I would like to bring RPM down to 5000. I have not tried the 27" Turbo One Prop but would like to do so, Steve saying that we would get together sometime in the future and test some more props. Steve and I rode together some 35 miles across Lake Cumberland to Lee Fords' Marina with the Vector 26 and the 22 Classic handled very well although we did not have a GPS to check top speed. Let me know your HP and what you end up running on your 22' Classic. :yes:

metraman
06-24-2004, 11:52 AM
I ended up buying a 26P from Madpoodle. He was a lot of help and saved me some money.Steve at Turbo suggested 26P lightning and pluging the exhaust holes for added water pickup. It should be in Friday and in the water Saturday.