PDA

View Full Version : Boat gets a new home

Cuda
06-17-2004, 04:49 PM
I thought I could get both 20 footers in the garage, but it missed by about eight inches of closing. So I had to make a decision. You can see which boat won out. :biggrin:

Cuda
06-17-2004, 04:51 PM
My poor little Formula project got relegated to the back of the bus. Poor thing already has a split personality! :biggrin:

Cuda
06-17-2004, 04:52 PM
I'll move the Formula in AFTER I get a full cover made for the Minx. I hated to leave St Pete before having the cover made. My guy there does excellent work. Oh well, I'll just haul it back to him soon. At least I got the cockpit cover made before leaving. :)

Cuda
06-17-2004, 04:54 PM
By the way, I have decided to stay with the original colors on the Minx, the more I look at it, the more I like it.

Cuda
06-17-2004, 05:07 PM
I forgot my damn camera! I was bitter. The only one with a camera was Fishboy. He's supposed to email them to me, or a link to the gallery where they are posted later this evening.

The boat ran great. We got in behind everyone else, and they waited at a sandbar for us to catch up. From there we were headed up river. A few miles up and I had a belt start squealing (no pigs). I turned around and idled back to Turner Landing where I knew some of Deb's relatives were hanging out. I got wrenches for Debbie to get in the bilge and tighten the belt. We picked up one more of her neices and was headed back to Fanning, when I heard more noise. I looked and saw the water pump pulley was wobbling. We idled back to Turner, Deb got her aunt to take her to Fanning. She picked up the truck and trailer and brought it to Turner and we loaded it up.

I remember when I installed the pulley it was rubbing on the thermostadt housing I believe. I thought I pounded the pulley a little bit evenly around to get it to barely miss the housing. Apparently it wasn't as round as I thought. I'm going out in a few minutes to see if I can get the pulley off. I guess I'll remove the tstat housing and grind a little off to get the pulley to clear. Reckon I need to find another pulley. :(

BUIZILLA
06-17-2004, 05:18 PM
I got wrenches for Debbie to get in the bilge and tighten the belt. (
Cuda....your kidding right? :confused:

J

Cuda
06-17-2004, 05:27 PM
Cuda....your kidding right? :confused:

J

Not one bit! If I got down in there, they'd have to get the jaws of life to cut me back out. She's a lot more limber than I am.

ToonaFish
06-17-2004, 06:16 PM
Don't worry, Jim, the Donzi Girls are organizing a rescue party.

Cuda doesn't suspect a thing.

Cuda
06-17-2004, 06:26 PM
If I had my camera, I would have documented the procedure. :biggrin:

Donzigo
06-17-2004, 07:33 PM
Hey, that Debbie Girl's a "can-do" first mate. Cuda thought he had two small pieces of string on his propeller in Sarasota Bay, on one Donzi outing, and the Debbie Girl jumped right in to check it out..................she only found 1 tiny piece of string and not 2.....................yup, she's special chick allright.

JimG205
06-17-2004, 08:53 PM
Cuda-Can't believe Debbie treats you the way she does???Are all the girls in Florida like her???? OR has some big renovation project been promised on that new house???? :yes:

Cuda
06-17-2004, 09:03 PM
Cuda-Can't believe Debbie treats you the way she does???Are all the girls in Florida like her???? OR has some big renovation project been promised on that new house???? :yes:

I wish I could take credit for her behaviour, but she was like that when I found her. The secret is to find one raised in the woods that doesn't realize that all women should act like a princess. She gets it from her mom and dad, they are the two non laziest people I've ever met. Debbie would actually get insulted if I infered that there was something she couldn't do because it was "man work". She's never been afraid to work, or to try something new. Heck, she was cropping tobacco in the fields when she was 13. She helped her dad run a gator farm too. She'll jump right down and help her dad tie up a wild boar. She is something special.

Fish boy
06-18-2004, 06:52 AM

LOL, I wish all girls here were as awesome as debbie. However, I have a sneaking suspicion Cuda treats Debbie as well as she treats him :)

Team Jefe
06-18-2004, 02:52 PM
SHE may not know it but she IS a princess...In my book anyway...and I know in Cuda's.

Fish is right, Cuda treats here very well....he's afraid to do otherwise. :cistineb: