PDA

View Full Version : synthetics for TRS

Ed Donnelly
06-17-2004, 03:50 PM
What grade, weight, do I use in synthetic, for a TRS drive and Borg Warner tranny? Time to change the fluids...Ed

Ed Donnelly
06-17-2004, 04:18 PM
So no synthetics in either the drive or tranny? Your word is good enough for me. Thanks for the quick response..Ed

turbo2256
06-21-2004, 08:13 AM
What oil should I run in mine I use Powerglide Econo Rail transmissions ...

turbo2256
06-21-2004, 11:56 AM
LOL lol

turbo2256
06-21-2004, 11:57 AM
That Poodle is good

Rootsy
06-21-2004, 12:13 PM
why is merc hi-po THE BEST for the sterndrives? what makes it better than say redline, amsoil or torco?

just wondering.. i've always used it... but i want the BEST...PERIOD...

J

Rootsy
06-21-2004, 06:11 PM
i fully understand that side of it... and that is why i've used it honestly... if Merc Racing specs it for their hi-perf applications where things cost A LOT OF MONEY to replace then it must be good stuff.. warranty issues can kill a company...

But the same goes for say Torco... their RTF is used by many winston cup teams in transmissions and gearcases, is recommended by Richmond Gear as the first choice for gears and i believe was the first choice for transmission companies like Jerico... now the lighter MTF IS THE CHOICE for the Merc #6 dry sump or so i've read... the RTF price per litre is very comparable to the merc hi-perf and is said to be direct substitute for sterndrives...

i did order a couple of litres of the Torco RTF just to see how it works... i've never jumped on the redline or amsoil, etc bandwagon... i've always been die hard merc hi-perf... just want the best... to shield gears, cushion load.. and COOOOOOL...

guess we'll get a bit of testing eh...

J - Still Skeptical of anything NOT GREEN AND SMELLY