PDA

View Full Version : 12 Gallons!

MOP
06-16-2004, 09:14 PM
Well I guess you want to know what 12 gallons is! Ok I saw the interior of the 22 for the forth time since I have owned her, been wrapped up like hidden treasure, Ain't no treasure but aay get there. Sure did see a bunch of the bottom more on that another time! Decided it was time to clean it out a bit, mind you it has been very properly covered and ventilated way way better then most(non patented Solar system) anyway my 6 gallon shop vac took a Pooh after 1/2 hour. Did a trip to Sears snagged a 12 gallon super sucker, well you guessed it I filled it with New Hamshire leaves and what ever right to the top. So now all the old crap is gone, gee what to do next. Ahh! new helm that took an hour +, on to more investigating. First time I lifted the engine hatch water dripped out Humm guess it is wet. Out came the drill, a few exploratory holes along lower back edge damn it was dry, actually not happy was wet need to find cause and do what ever a must fix (in future)! You guys thought I was Goofing off NOT! I am still optimistic about how soon it will be running, mail from RayJay will speed things up, anyhow still picking at this thing and hope to get the engine broken in before it has to be winterized. New Motto! 1000 Islands or BUST! Sure is a **** load to get done in short order and thats just a tad more massaging and mechanical ONLY! Reasonably pretty maybe next year!

Hell no I have not had a drop to spill it all went the right place!

Thank God for spell checker!

See Scot I can get through it!

MOP
07-08-2004, 04:12 PM
Figured I would dig this old post up for an update on the snail paced project. Stayed home did my work by phone in between sanding, filling, cheeze boarding the bottom(will be hurting tomorrow). Its not done but it is sound and will hold it until fall, pulled a few more things out of the hole got the motor about ready to come out. Have bilge work that needs doing before the new engine and drive goes in which will take a few days if weather holds. Sure am hoping to keep things moving, keep finding more things to slow me down.

penbroke
07-08-2004, 08:28 PM
Sounds like you're making some progress. Just keep plugging away and eventually it will all come together.

Frank
Just keep hittin' it. :)