PDA

View Full Version : Nba Champions!

Tony
06-16-2004, 11:38 AM
Congratulations to the Detroit Pistons! They totally dominated the Lakers, and did it with a work ethic and defense rarely seen in the "me first" NBA world.

Larry Brown was key, formulating a strategy and convincing his team to buy into it. Kudos also to Joe Dumars, the GM who orchestrated all the moves, including bringing in Brown and Rasheed Wallace.

This kind of takes the sting out of the Wings early exit...I did say kind of.

boldts
06-16-2004, 12:46 PM
Tony,

I must agree. I'm not a big roundball enthusists, but I enjoyed watching the games this year. Maybe because it's like the racer in NASCAR who wins almost every race. It was nice to see someone other than the Lakers and their high profile, high priced players win. The off-season will be one of many decisions for them as they are already talking about trades, retirement and of course whether Kobe will remain out of jail.

On another note, in a way, the Stanley Cup can be considered to still be a part of Hockey Town since the owner of the Detroit Pistons also owns the Tampa Bay Lightning and Championship winning Women's Baskitball Championship team. :) :beer:

Sport
06-16-2004, 01:25 PM
I was very happy to see that Detroit won the championship. Looks like this may be the end for Kobi Briant, he lost the title, his wife gave him the boot and his trial ordeal can't be going well. I'm sure he'll get a new wife soon and keep him for 5 to 10. lol.

Sport

TuxedoPk
06-16-2004, 04:25 PM
Tony,

I must agree. I'm not a big roundball enthusists, but I enjoyed watching the games this year. Maybe because it's like the racer in NASCAR who wins almost every race. It was nice to see someone other than the Lakers and their high profile, high priced players win.

I agree.. Gotta go, the Yankees game is back on :)

Cuda
06-16-2004, 09:02 PM
I was glad to see Detroit win something! :rolleyes:

Say what you will about Larry Brown and his carpetbagger ways, he wins wherever he goes.

Hey Detroit, I guess it's a good thing Tampa doesn't have a basketball team. :wavey: