PDA

View Full Version : Beeping/Buzzer

jeepfan99
06-16-2004, 08:55 AM
Beeping/Buzzer on 00 22zx. A few weeks ago ran the tank down to fumes and while sharp turning the buzzer would sound. I just figured it was a low gas warning or the float was getting tossed around the tank. Filled up, have about half a tank and was out in some larger waves and the buzzer sounded again coming off plane and going on plane. Any ideas? All gauges are fine and reading normal, all fluids have been checked and are at proper level. The boat shows zero signs that there is any type of problem. Doing a Poker Run this weekend and want to prevent any potential issues.

TBroccoli
06-16-2004, 11:53 AM
Is the beep/buzz the same noise you hear when you turn the key at start up? It may be the signal letting you know your system is not charging properly. It may be a loose connection.

jeepfan99
06-16-2004, 12:32 PM
Yeah, it's that noise except unlike startup (2 beeps) it is constant for 10-15 sec and then it goes away. Could it be the battery? I installed a new radio which always seem to stay on (clock) unless you turn off the battery at the switch. Only realised this after I went to start it and all I got was a click after sitting 2-3 days.

Donzigo
06-16-2004, 08:50 PM
If you don't have an on/off battery switch, you should install one to turn off all the electricity in the boat, when you are not using it.

RickR
06-16-2004, 10:34 PM
[QUOTE=jeepfan99], all fluids have been checked and are at proper level. QUOTE]

You checked the drive resevoir fluid level?

Tidbart
06-17-2004, 07:40 AM
I am going on memory, but I think ther 3 things that will cause the buzzer to go off.

Drive oil level
Oil pressure
Water temperature

Check the connections at the sending units for these.

B

jeepfan99
06-17-2004, 07:46 AM
I was out in some pretty larger than normal waves, it could be a connection.

Drive oil...Check, right to the full line in the res

Water Temp...Check, right around 170-180

Oil Pressure...Check, running right around 40-50 unless that is to low

Thanks for all the help. I will definitely check for loose connections.

2biguns
06-17-2004, 09:13 AM
Double check drive oil and oil level. Last weekend we spent 2 hours changing out the impeller on a friend's formula because he was certain it was going out because alarm kept sounding and he thought it was starting to heat up. Impeller was perfect. I then asked him when the last time he checked his oil?

Answer: What oil?

3 quarts later it was fixed. :fire:

My Z-25 alarm used to go off when SLIGHTLY low on drive oil when planing or rough water--gear lube would slosh around and sensor must have been hiper sensitive. I'd put in a shot of gear lube and would fix things immediately.