PDA

View Full Version : Hp 635 Is a pretty sweet Digital Camera

Formula Jr
06-16-2004, 01:03 AM
I don't normally recommend stuff here, but sometimes you buy something and it really delivers for what you pay for it.

For people considering their first Digital Camera, to post pics and movies with sound, take a look at the HP 635. Radio Shack is having a sale on these at $119 and will throw in a digital accessory kit for free on these, carrying case, tripod and some other stuff. And you can get them cheaper by mail order without the free kit. I've been looking a long time for a digital camera that has all the stuff this one has. I'm no expert by any means on digital cameras, for that go to

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/hp635.html

a site I found after getting the camera.

but this is the first one I've seen for sub $140 that takes standard AA batteries (2) and expansion memory, optical 3X zoom and will do video with sound (five minutes at the lowest resolution with a 65 meg Memory card or 375, 170k (internet resolution) stills. Most of the other cameras I've played with were pretty hard to understand - maybe I'm a little stupid. This one I didn't even have to read the manual to make a vid. with sound or figure out the buttons. This is not an advanced user's digital camera or an itty bitty one with a cool metal case, and it eats batteries if you're not careful with the power settings, I use rechargeable Metal Hydrides, But I think as a beginning Digital Camera, its a real value. They are probably dirt cheap on e-Bay. And if you get it through R-Shack theres a 50 dollar mail-in rebate if you also buy an HP printer. Which makes their combo printer/scanner/copier about 49 dollars. I know prices on these things are always falling and features are getting better all the time. This is the first one that found my performance/feature price point.
I don't have any business connection to R-Shack or HP. :biggrin.: