PDA

View Full Version : Classic 18 scoop screens

gtsdls
06-15-2004, 07:49 PM
When I bought my used Donzi it had no scoop screens. What is the mesh spacing, and what's the approximate total screen size (my scoops are out at replating right now).

I'm looking at welded T304 SS mesh which I've found at http://www.twpinc.com/twp/jsp/product.jsp?type=14.

I've sent a number of e-mails to the person that had the chrome plated screen last year but have not received a response.

MOP
06-15-2004, 08:29 PM
Hi this is from the same site, just a different page the sample the gal is holding looks like the real McCoy. A lot of the members may be interested in repalcing there old chrome on brass with the stainless. I looks like the only issue would be quanity of the order, might have to buy a roll. If there was enough interest I might consider buying a roll, my kid has a metal shop with big shears and other tools for shaping and cutting. Thanks for the link!

Phil

http://www.twpinc.com/twp/jsp/product.jsp?type=12

gtsdls
06-16-2004, 06:05 AM
Minimum order is $75 for the material. My Donzi is an '88.

MOP
06-16-2004, 07:51 AM
Try what Scott did call local metal shops, fair chance some will turn up. If you have to buy more than you need post the extra in parts for sale.

Phil

txtaz
06-16-2004, 08:11 AM
Uhmmm, I'm showing my ignorance here, but why need screens?
Thanks,
Wes

MOP
06-16-2004, 08:25 AM
For originality, they do look classier with the screens.

olredalert
06-16-2004, 09:12 AM
--------Algonac Cast Products made the scoops without the cast in "DONZI" originally. When I saw the original patterns I took note of the groove for the screen and asked the owner wether all the scoops over all the years he supplied them had the screens when delivered and he said "no" as they were a pain in the butt. When he did use screen the size of screen depended on what was laying around when he made them. I have seen some original untampered with scoops that had the screens glued in, not brazed. It is possible that someone at DONZI back in the day installed the screen at DONZI.
-------This is as good a time as any to relate to all that making these scoops has slid to my back burner because of both cost issues and lack of interest shown. The interest problem, I believe, stems from the fact that the darn things never go bad except for the chrome. I would be glad to help any other board member who can make the numbers work. Will turn you on to the owner of ACP or do the local leg-work, whatever it takes...........Bill S