PDA

View Full Version : Set up Classic 18' for skiing

gtsdls
06-15-2004, 11:54 AM
Looking for inputs/experience on how to set up for watersking & tubing. I currently have no pickup points. Alternatives are (2) "D" rings & harness, center single pickup over the drive, and possibly a Skylon "Pod" pylon.

Surfer
06-15-2004, 01:08 PM
Center ring above the outdrive, thats really all I use the boat for, and my kid can get air, and do all sorts of stuff, I ski, and at 65 out the ring works real fine. I'd be interested in seeing what pylon works best, and how to mount it, I've been toying with an idea, but don't want to modify the boat (classic image) to much.

MOP
06-15-2004, 05:08 PM
A buddy had an 18 which he did a lot of skiing with, he used the lifting eye it did work very well. The boat did very well even in turns with twin slalom skiers. He ran 2 inches less pitch when skiing and watched his revs.

Phil

Dax McDavid
06-15-2004, 05:42 PM
I use the lifting eye. Works great for slalom. Not so much for wakeboarding but it is what it is. Now, there is a guy in Rockport, TX, who has an 18 and he built a custom wakeboard rack on his. It looks surprisingly good. If it is removable I may even consider doing it myself. I will just hope that no one from this board ever sees my x-18 with it on. People say, “why don’t you just get a ski boat”, however in my situation, on the gulf coast, you cant get a Mastercraft, or a Ski Nautique. My 18 is on of the best ski boats around it beats the hell out of a flat bottom skiff. :sombrero:

Rootsy
06-15-2004, 06:08 PM
dude i'll trade you... freaking mastercrafts and nautiques are worse than water lice around here... how many do you want?

JR - send me an X

gtsdls
06-15-2004, 08:13 PM
Does the center ring above the drive have a reinforcing backing plate?

What are the dimensions for mounting the two "D" rings?