PDA

View Full Version : Is this for real?

David O
06-12-2004, 08:02 PM
Did Donzi really build such a boat as this?

Shanghied Again
06-12-2004, 08:10 PM
Yup.. It was there jet boat, made it 1995-1998

1996Z15
06-12-2004, 08:13 PM
SSShhhhhh, we don't like to talk about them. :embarasse

ToonaFish
06-12-2004, 08:16 PM
Didn't you have one Frank? :cool:

BadTat's first, um, Donzi was this model. They actually sound like they were fun, if a bit squirrely... 'course that could have been pilot error. :rolleyes:

Last Tango
06-14-2004, 09:44 AM
The date on that photo says it was taken in 1999. Is that true? Boat looks pretty tatty for being only a couple years old at that time. I have often toyed with the idea of getting one of those to play around with in the shallow waters at some places. Could be a fun toy. Of course I would need to modify it a little with ZX Daytona graphics and such. Maybe Team Donzi Racing stickers and such. I wonder if you docked it in the middle of a slip could you get 20 clowns to climb out if it? First red one I've seen. Most were boring white. Roger and Jessica Rabbit should own this Donzi.

David O
06-14-2004, 02:07 PM
Mark
The Photo was taken in the 12th, Saturday on my way to the St. Johns River in Palatka for a wonderful day of boating. What a beautiful place to go.
I too after a few non returned Phone calls decided that the Suwannee trip may very well be a total cluster, opted for the St. Johns. Spent a wonderful day going up the river from Palatka to the seven islands area and then down the river to who knows where I was. Returned to the Crystal Cove Marina ate wonderful BBQ at the ramp, being served at some kind of bass tournament to benefit MD. Was told I had a mighty fine boat by many but still I got the feeling they weren’t to impressed in it as a bass boat.
Went Sunday to Santa Fe Lake and checked it out. The St. Johns would be a great place for events.
David

Speed-Racer
06-14-2004, 03:50 PM
Hmmm the steering wheel center cap is missing and the shifter nob..... those things always wind up missing....

David we have had many events on the St. Johns, a beautiful place to boat. The Home of the SEA DOGS in fact....

Bad-Tat
06-14-2004, 06:47 PM
Pilot error??? Not around here surely!!!
The first year of those 152 Medallions was 94 with the 90 HP Merc Sportjet. As Poodle says needed more beans!! Only got 38 flat out. The next year they put the 125 sportjet in it. Mine only had two speeds, off and WFO!!! Would do everything a jet ski would do. Had it 15' up over the wake of a 30' cabin cruiser one time. That 5 yr hull warrenty was a good thing that I never needed. Lots of fun but sure was rough riding at the south end of Lanier.