PDA

View Full Version : changing impeller on a 7.4/Bravo 1

gold-n-rod
06-10-2004, 04:14 PM
Another thread described the water pump impeller replacement on an Alpha-equipped boat. What about the Bravo 1? It the pump on the engine? If yes, where. Or is it in the drive unit? Again, if so, where? What else besides the impeller and new gasket are required to change it?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

another Randy

marcdups
06-10-2004, 04:40 PM
Depending on the year, the bravo has the pump on the bottom starboard side of the engine and is pulley driven, earlier models were bronze and newer ones are made of anti corrosive material (ie, Plastic ) where you would rather buy a kit for, earlier models you should just have to replace the impeller and in some instances the cam!!, Hope that helps

gold-n-rod
06-10-2004, 05:28 PM
It's a '91. I'm guessing that after I remove the belt, I pop off the 4 bolts on the front of the housing, swap impellers, replace the gasket and front cover and I'm good to go..... right?

another Randy

Tidbart
06-10-2004, 06:15 PM
Not that easy.
Take off the belt, then the hoses, unbolt the brackets from the motor. Remove the pump from the boat. Impeller is replaced from the back. The casing is plastic, so be careful when you screw it back together, don't overtorque the bolt. The spec is 10 lb-ft.
Get a new impeller and gaskets. Have fun. :yippie:
Bob

Here is a look at your pump with prices and part numbers.

http://216.37.204.206/Actionsports/mercruiser_oem/Mercruiser.asp?Type=13&SubType=111&A=105&B=25