PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Classic windshield grommet

gtsdls
06-10-2004, 11:52 AM
I'm redoing my 18' Classic windshields and am searching for a source for the rubber grommet/gasket used to secure the plexiglass in the stainless steel channels. I contacted Wefco Rubber- their price is $150 for a new die/setup & $2.50 per foot. Are there other alternatives?

I have made several calls to Donzi parts at the end of last season, but never received a call back.

RickR
06-10-2004, 03:21 PM
gtsdls
Try the search function on the "Donzi Performance Talk " page.
I remember a post last year with same question.
Donzi switched to a plexi windshield with out a frame last year. So the grommet might not be available.
Good luck.

MOP
06-10-2004, 03:38 PM
I'm redoing my 18' Classic windshields and am searching for a source for the rubber grommet/gasket used to secure the plexiglass in the stainless steel channels. I contacted Wefco Rubber- their price is $150 for a new die/setup & $2.50 per foot. Are there other alternatives?

I have made several calls to Donzi parts at the end of last season, but never received a call back.

It and may be cheaper and worth a shot calling you local glass guys most have channel rubber or can order it.

Phil

Greg K
06-10-2004, 04:29 PM
Contact Nikki Bowman at Taylor Made. 941-747-1900 ext. 225
If you have the old channel gasket and get them a piece of it, they may have something to suit your needs. They sell it by the foot.

Jim
06-11-2004, 02:06 PM
I did a bunch of research when I had to replace the windshield on my old Z21. I'm not sure if the classic has the same type of gasket/Extrusion but if you search on Extrusion you will find a bunch of places. Its actually vynl even though it looks like rubber, here is a link to a place I had found. Most of the places wanted a fax copy of a end view of the extrusion, best way is to use an ink pad.

I ended up taking the part number 30-1069 and just cut it into two pieces, not sure if the style you have is in a "U" shape and actually fits over the windshield edge and then in serted into the frame.
http://www.aluminum2000.com/new_gaskets.JPG

If this doesn't come up go to www.aluminum2000.com and pick
window parts and on the bottom are the gaskets.

Thanks Jim
PS. I don't think I paid more then 50 cents a foot.