PDA

View Full Version : BBF heads

springs
06-09-2004, 03:04 PM
By chance does anyone have a local engine guy sitting on an old set (or new) of CJ's SCJ's, or Blue Thunders.

I've really warmed up to the Trick Flow A460's but I picked up a Victor intake for next to nothing awhile back and don't want the added cost of purchasing the TrickFlow intake ($500+).

rayjay
06-10-2004, 07:45 AM
Did you look in Edelbrock's line?

Edelbrock (http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/index.html)

Look under "Cylinder Heads" then "Ford FE and 460 (street)".

Also, do not make the mistake of not getting, using, or doing what you think would work best because you have some part that you picked up "for next to nothing" or you already had sitting around. I've done it. You can always sell it or get rid of it. It would be ashame to not have exactly what you want because you wanted to use a $50 manifold, especially one that could be sold on eBay to someone who has the engine and just needs a manifold. In the long run you really do not save very much. Also, times change and new, improved, and better things constantly come along.

Yes, the TF stuff is BIG BUCK$, but that manifold is part of what makes the heads work like they do. Port locations on TF's heads are moved to fix what FORD did so the tall engine would fit under a low hood.

rayjay

PS: Good stock CJ, SCJ, and Blue Thunder stuff is hard to find and expensive now. A lot of the "interesting" cars this stuff came on are being restored and are eating up the stock and NOS stuff. Hence Edelbrock coming on to the market.