PDA

View Full Version : its about that time.

Moody Blu'
06-08-2004, 07:51 PM
whats up all!!
ITS summer time WOOO HOOOO!!!! :beer: :yippie:

Well, I just bought a full interior and carpet from built right :yes: :beer: . So the boat is getting a face lift with the interior. Im siked, problem is i need headers too. my glenwoods are leaking like a ho on 42nd street.I dont feel like sinking my boat. So with that said I was wondering if anyone has any connections at cp performance that could possibly hook it up so i could get a break on the price of the header/risers?? :lookaroun money is tight right now after dishin out the cash for the interior and i figured it wouldnt hurt askin for some help here at the registry.
heres the link:

http://www.cpperformance.com/detail.asp?product_id=430-53-2009
some other stuff Im still looking for, a volvo ultra prop lock. if anyone knows someone trying to get rid of one PLEASE shoot me an email.Its about that time for me to pop my head in here occasionally and shoot the sh*t. :bonk: and post some pictures :bighug: Obviously i have to have the boat in ship shape before i dump it in for the season. I hope someone can help me spend this money wisely;)

smoothie
06-08-2004, 08:12 PM
heres a set for your windsor...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50442&item=2481170280&rd=1

smoothie
06-08-2004, 08:18 PM
Moody these are what everybody has been going with lately cant beat the price,do a search on dennis moore,all kinds of info.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31285&item=2481264998&rd=1

MOP
06-08-2004, 08:49 PM
Broque when I built the 302 up I looked pretty hard for decent exhaust, as you know there is very little out there in marine. I went with tape measure in hand to my supplier and found the Osco center rise setup had the biggest openings. I think you would do well with them a bit better than the aluminum logs.

Phil

MOP
06-08-2004, 08:52 PM
A - P.S. the last time I spoke with Dennis there were no plans to make Ford stuff just no enough call for it.

Moody Blu'
06-08-2004, 10:22 PM
Broque when I built the 302 up I looked pretty hard for decent exhaust, as you know there is very little out there in marine. I went with tape measure in hand to my supplier and found the Osco center rise setup had the biggest openings. I think you would do well with them a bit better than the aluminum logs.

Phil

did you happen to measure the cp performance center risers?
how is that price?

rickrsbro
06-08-2004, 10:33 PM
j.a.chamberland is the cheapest center riser ford stuff. you can go osco ( thicker, heavier , uglier, but a longer warranty ) or pleasure craft marine (pcm ).

around 650 shells for 2 manifolds, 2 risers , all gaskets and hardware.

you might try skidim.com also.

MOP
06-08-2004, 11:17 PM
The CP looks real nice, have no idea of outlet size. Would be worth a call. Check your mail~!

Phil

Moody Blu'
06-09-2004, 12:07 AM
heres a set for your windsor...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50442&item=2481170280&rd=1

wow look at those logs and risers!! looks like a homemade riser to me i bet they make the motor loud as hell.

One of my concern is water back wash with the cp performance style risers, is it worth worrying about? would i have to worry about waves going in to the riser and perhaps dumping into the exhuat valve?

MOP
06-09-2004, 08:03 AM
Broque my center risers were only 1/2" from hitting my hatch, I think the CP's will be very similar. I think they will be higher than your present setup, you really should have flaps on your outlets. If someone nukes you from behind with a wake nothing else will stop it from going up the tubes, normal wave action is not near as bad. If you want I will go by my supplier and re-measure port & riser out on the Osco's for your reference to compare. The weight saving on the aluminum would be nicer than using the hernia type.

Phil

kjly63
06-09-2004, 08:44 AM
I just replaced my old cast iron Chris Craft manifolds and risers with Stainless Marine. I went from 3 to 4" exhaust all the way out. What I did like is that Stainless Marine was able to make a 1 pc. pipe all the way out from the riser and cut a 30 degree tip on the end. They supply you witha 1/4 " gasket and chrome beauty rings.
I have a pic posted in another forum"it comes out of hibernation".
They also welded in flappers for backwash issues. Gotta say though........VERY LOUD on my SB 350 chvy.

Kenny

smoothie
06-09-2004, 11:31 AM
wow look at those logs and risers!! looks like a homemade riser to me i bet they make the motor loud as hell.

:D I thought you would get a kick out of em,what some people come up with...keep in mind going from logs to center risers that you have to do some of your own custom plumbing to get to the lower exhaust holes in your transom.And one little leak with the center risers and kiss your motor good bye :wavey: not like your waterlogged logs.

mattyboy
06-09-2004, 11:45 AM
hey Moody where have ya been???
try these they are the new Pearson candy cane stacks made specifically for a hood scoop application ;) :tongue:

post pics of the interior how did it come out ?? did you get all white or did you get powder blue pipping???

Matty ;)

MOP
06-09-2004, 02:31 PM
Whether you have center riser or log they can both leak at the riser joint, at least with the center risers block off plates are available which pretty much eliminate the worry of a leaking at the joint, I would never run a wet connection will always use the plates. We have changed out a ton of logs, at this point we consider them obsolete and always replace with center risers. The beauty of the center riser setup the ease of hose hookup, super simple hose follows the manifold down the back and direct to the original openings. With logs the hoses are very short and must be lined up well, with the center riser the hoses are better than twice as long and give you several inches of play when you go to hook them up.

Phil

Moody Blu'
06-09-2004, 07:46 PM
Broque my center risers were only 1/2" from hitting my hatch, I think the CP's will be very similar. I think they will be higher than your present setup, you really should have flaps on your outlets. If someone nukes you from behind with a wake nothing else will stop it from going up the tubes, normal wave action is not near as bad. If you want I will go by my supplier and re-measure port & riser out on the Osco's for your reference to compare. The weight saving on the aluminum would be nicer than using the hernia type.

Phil

yea no need to measure them because the CP's are different so theres no point in measuring.I did notice the CP risers have a slightly steeper angle then the oscos and others. that should help with back wash where can i get block off plates ? and do they add height to the riser?It looks like i will change my exhaust hose to 4" and go with a 4" opening and order up some gaffrig internal flapper tips ;)

matty i just got the carpet in! Picked regal blue 40 oz and all white interior.

smoothie, I was hopin you were jokin lol, althought they probably sound awesome with straight pipes like that LOL

Moody Blu'
06-09-2004, 07:50 PM
hey Moody where have ya been???
try these they are the new Pearson candy cane stacks made specifically for a hood scoop application ;) :tongue:

post pics of the interior how did it come out ?? did you get all white or did you get powder blue pipping???

Matty ;)

dude scott said hes keepin them for the hornet :bonk:

MOP
06-09-2004, 08:04 PM
Broque most a manufacturers have the block off plates, they are primarily used in full closed cooling systems where they include the manifolds in the system. If you run into trouble finding them, they can be fabbed out of .060 S/S use the gasket for a pattern. A set can be punched out pretty quick at any good metal shop, you would have a bit of filing to match the gasket real nice. Check Ebay for tips, I got a gorgious set near new with internal and external rubber flaps for $125. Did my home work on new cost tips were $325 + a tad over $80 for the external flaps a real nice savings and there are a lot of all types up there.

Phil

smoothie
06-10-2004, 05:53 AM
Whether you have center riser or log they can both leak at the riser joint
Phil

My point is that when they leak and they will sooner or later,the water is going right down into the heads with the center risers and with the alum logs,see attached,the water is going to have to run up hill to get to the heads,plus no worries about back wash and reversion with a log 12" riser.if you are throwing these away throw em my way!

Quote:

I get a lot of reports from users (both drugs and exhaust systems) and the consensus is: The Mercruiser riser for the big block is the same for the small block. It is so restrictive on the big block that it prevents reversion in many cases. It is not restrictive as much on the small block with near-stock engines. It is restrictive on big HP small blocks and small block lookalikes. We promise zero improvement on the 310-330 hp big block, and the 255-260 hp small block. Big gains on 365hp Magnum Big block and over 370 hp small block. You guys are correct about the weight saving. I personally think that the dumbest thing I have EVER seen in my 53+ years in the business is the wet manifold/riser connection. Guaranteed to eat your motor. Why would anybody make it like that? Maybe to guarantee replacement sales? Hmmm.....

peace.....

mattyboy
06-10-2004, 09:27 AM
dude scott said hes keepin them for the hornet :bonk:

no they are all you Moody :tongue:

the hornet is getting a 12 cyl RR merlin engine and will have organ pipes( from an old church in newark ;) ) coming straight thru the hatch off each cyl at a 45 degree angle in size order and will play carnival music :rlol: and as each cyl fires a blue flame then a blast of water comes out like a water mortar!!! :cool: and there will be a perch for the pink flamingo and the organ grinder monkey :Pimp: but still no hood scoop ;) that would be to over the top ;)

Matty
the newer members should do a search on "hodd scoop direction" that's a classic

Moody Blu'
06-17-2004, 08:59 PM
Broque most a manufacturers have the block off plates, they are primarily used in full closed cooling systems where they include the manifolds in the system. If you run into trouble finding them, they can be fabbed out of .060 S/S use the gasket for a pattern. A set can be punched out pretty quick at any good metal shop, you would have a bit of filing to match the gasket real nice. Check Ebay for tips, I got a gorgious set near new with internal and external rubber flaps for $125. Did my home work on new cost tips were $325 + a tad over $80 for the external flaps a real nice savings and there are a lot of all types up there.

Phil

cp performance has polished stainless tips with stainless internal flappers for 68 bux each!!!

Moody Blu'
06-17-2004, 09:15 PM

Phil
im still a little lost into how these block off plates work? how does the water go out the exhaust then if you block it off at the center riser? explain?

what do you mean wet connection?