PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Classic 22 (1988) anyone in WA look at it?

Koenig
06-08-2004, 02:15 PM
Found this ad thats been in the boat trader for a couple of issue's. I'm thinking of taking a look at her some time this week. Wondering of others might have allready?

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/7/8/71543878.htm

MOP
06-08-2004, 04:03 PM
Looks like a real nice boat with a good tough drive package. EM had a pair of the 460's in his Black Widow and quite a few of the guys have them with both 454 and 460 Kings they don't break.

Phil

MXRoadster
06-09-2004, 01:10 AM
Koenig, if I was in the market for another Donzi I would have looked at this one months ago... If you are able to get to Everett, check it out and BUY it. At 12k I don't think you could go wrong, just make sure to look it over real good (or get it surveyed).

EricG
06-09-2004, 09:50 AM
I'm not positive it's the same boat I looked at about 2 years ago, but how many all red 1988 22's with OMC power are there out here? And, based on the price, I'm willing to bet it's the same one.

Anyway, I looked at it (and took pictures) when it was down at Quinn's repo yard. I'm pretty sure it sat uncovered for at least a year down there...they wanted $16,000 for it. It's rough. Basically, imagine any boat that has sat in western Washington weather uncovered and you've got a pretty good idea of the condition....

Here's a couple of pics of it when I looked at it....

Koenig
06-09-2004, 02:40 PM
Koenig, if I was in the market for another Donzi I would have looked at this one months ago... If you are able to get to Everett, check it out and BUY it. At 12k I don't think you could go wrong, just make sure to look it over real good (or get it surveyed).
Have this used buying system that sometimes let's things slip by, but when I pick them up. I make money when I re-sell. I've yet to lose money on buying used Porsches. Hence why my brother and I are turning our knowledge of Porsches and the car market into a business.

I scan, find and watch what I'm interested in. If it's in the book for awhile than I go look. I'll get the bottom line price and return several day's latter with my offer price with the cash to back it up! Found that when you pull out cash and count it in front of someone they are more receptive to taking even less! "All I have on me is" usually follows an "o.k. deal" from the seller. Takes patience and sometimes things slip by, but when it happens this system pay's off in your favor.

Sagbay32
06-09-2004, 04:06 PM
I thought the 22 was nice in the pic that was in the listing.....I wonder if that is the same boat?

I am looking for an 87 to 89 Cabriolet in decent shape, but that is a different thread alltogether. :yes:

Mike

Koenig
06-10-2004, 12:20 AM
I am looking for an 87 to 89 Cabriolet in decent shape, but that is a different thread alltogether. :yes:

Mike
Start the thread! I'm in the process of buying a few targas and one 86 cab. I also do not want to buy to many until my dealer license is in hand. So I'll give up a couple that I know of that are good deals, but I'm passing on buying! Most are just to far for me to travel currently.