PDA

View Full Version : Stanley Cup Finals...game 7 Baby!

Tony
06-07-2004, 05:09 PM
Well, here it is folks...the day we've all been waiting for! In my opinion there is no more exciting event in all of sports than a game 7 for the Stanley Cup. Even better would be overtime! The skating, hitting, hacking, whacking, and intensity level will be awesome tonight.

I know there are a lot of southern folks pulling for the Bolts, and, even though I am pulling for the Flames, I am just too keyed up to even care about the outcome...I just hope for a close well-fought game.

Too bad about the goal that wasn't the other night, but oh well, that's hockey. BTW, I will be deleting the other post in the next day or two, so review it carefully to see who will be flying what flag, and who owes who some beer!

ChromeGorilla
06-07-2004, 05:24 PM
there is no more exciting event in all of sports than a game 7 for the Stanley Cup

Game 7 2003 ALCS Yankees-Boston

2 words AAron Boone

Just stirrin the pot. Not a hockey fan. but I will say this...I have watched the entire finals and have been thoroughly entertained. I may not know much about hockey but I'm all about intense competition and playin yer heart out and I've both in this series. So good luck to all you :lightning :lightning :lightning :lightning :lightning fans out there. I'll be watchin too.

Cuda
06-07-2004, 07:02 PM
I'm all geeked up for this game. 23,000 in the house, and they say there are 8 to 10 thousand outside the arena! I'm actually going to be sad to see it end. It has been a very entertaining playoff year.

GO LIGHTNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ed Donnelly
06-07-2004, 09:55 PM
Congratulations Tampa!! I was of course rooting for Calgary being Canadian.But, I have to look on the bright side. The cup is 1,200 miles away from me in Toronto. If Calgary won, it would be over 2,000 miles away...Ed

Cuda
06-07-2004, 10:03 PM
Unbelievable! :D

ChromeGorilla
06-07-2004, 10:13 PM
Sweet! No more hockey highlights to wait through before I get my Yankee highlights and score on ESPN's Sports Center. :D

Cuda
06-07-2004, 10:20 PM
I get my Yankee highlights and score on ESPN's Sports Center. :D

That's it!! Just when I let you off probation for the bimini crack, you come up with this!!! :splat:

ChromeGorilla
06-07-2004, 10:40 PM
Hehehehe...But I will tell ya one thing.....I'll take hockey "highlights" over :alligator highlights anyday of the week! :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.:

Cuda
06-07-2004, 10:45 PM
Hehehehe...But I will tell ya one thing.....I'll take hockey "highlights" over :alligator highlights anyday of the week! :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.:

GRRRRRRRRRRR! Where's the ignore button! :fire:

ChromeGorilla
06-08-2004, 05:45 AM
Thanks MadPoodle. very kinda of you. And here is the Presidents/SportsCenter axis of evil list.....ban all of em!

woodchipper
06-08-2004, 06:00 AM
The only thing better than watching Barry Melrose and Scott Hammils twin brother eat crow after 7 games of seeing how many times they can use Jerome Iginla in a sentence was witnessing Dave Andreychuck finally getting his due and our boys getting thier names on Lord Stanleys cup. Good job fellows!
Note to ABC, if you plan on having those guys on again next year you may as well go ahead and sit Dennis Miller at the desk with them. :bonk:

BUIZILLA
06-08-2004, 06:38 AM
Sure would have been nice if ABC hadn't put their microphones next to the kids banging those sticks on the glass, REALLY annoying on my surround sound TV. :smash: :smash:

J

mattyboy
06-08-2004, 07:59 AM
well sure as the coming of the 4 horsemen of the apocolypse means armegeddon is coming, well hail storms twice a week in NY, flooding, wild fires and now the final sign
Lord Stanley's cup will be smeared with sun block,ravaged by prehistoric misquitoes, and act as bowl for all u can eat stone crabs claws at Schuckers it surely means the end is coming and for me it can not come quick enuff :eek: :tongue:
;)

enjoy my southern brothers

Matty

Scott Heidt
06-08-2004, 10:14 AM
Wooo Hoo! We love our Lightning Team! Congrats to the Lightning! Way to bring the Cup to Tampa!

Sport
06-08-2004, 11:09 AM
Go Bolts ! ! ! That was a hell of a series ! ! ! Thanks for a great series Flames.

We are going to the victory parade tomorrow at The Forum ! !

To many victory cocktails, I just got to work about 25 minutes ago.

Go Bolts ! ! ! !

Sport

Tony
06-08-2004, 11:49 AM
Congratulations Bolts. A great third period charge by Calgary, with Habebulin having to make some big saves to stave them off.

Of course this Red Wing fan says "Wait 'til next year"...but oh yea...there will probably not BE a next year! Damn.

Cuda
06-09-2004, 02:38 PM
I think Khabibulin should have won the Conn-Smythe. Would the Bolts made it without Brad Richards? Maybe. Would they have made it without the Bulin Wall?? No way!