PDA

View Full Version : Gaffrig / Livorsi guages

Donzigo
06-07-2004, 10:08 AM
Anybody know if Gaffrig guages by Livorsi are still available. The Livorsi company hasn't sent a catalog out in ages. I called them and they said they were only going to market the gauges with the Livorsi name on them inthe future.

The reason why: We are looking for Gaffrig gauges to match a speedo that my son already has purchased. We're looking for RPM (5,000), Oil Pressure, Hourmeter, Water Temp, Battery, Fuel, & Trim. Anybody know anything about the situation or who still has these Gaffrig gauges would be appreciated.

Pismo
06-07-2004, 10:12 AM
Livorsi lost his court battle to continue using the Gaffrig name. So he only makes Livorsi gauges now. Gaffrig still makes Gaffrig gauges themselves but you will probably have a tough time finding a match. Maybe able to tough, check out www.gaffrigperformance.com.

Or search the used markets

Cheers
SL

Donzigo
06-07-2004, 11:13 AM
I need the white face mechanical gauges, white dial.

Model #s:

RPM - 6000 GW6000W
OIL - GMOPW
Fuel - GIFLW
Water Temp - GIWTW
Hourmeter - GIHMW
Trim - GITMNW
Battery - GIVMW

Thanks, Scot, if you can help.

Donzigo
06-14-2004, 09:34 AM
Scot,

Thanks for trying for me. I didn't know you were working on it and no one else responded; so, I went ahead and ordered them from Dollar Marine on Saturday. They are shipping them straight from Livorsi in Ill.I wish I had known. Thanks for your efforts on my behalf. Let me know if I can return the favor.

Richard

txtaz
06-14-2004, 10:23 AM
Scott, Any chance on finding a Gaffrig II GPS Speedo? Or could I take a Livorsi GPS and replace the faceplate with my Gaffrig II faceplate?
Thanks,
Wes

txtaz
06-14-2004, 12:21 PM
Scott,
White face and bezel. I would like to keep the Gaf-II thing going since all my other gauges are Gaf-II. Perhaps there is another option for me?
Thanks,
Wes

Andy McCarty
06-14-2004, 12:59 PM
hey guys how hard is it to change guages. this is something i am going to tackle in the winter. Just wondering what i have to look forward to...:eek:

txtaz
06-14-2004, 03:53 PM
Scott.....WHITE please...... :rlol:
Wes

Andy McCarty
06-15-2004, 11:26 AM
Poodle for the most part are all color codes the same or do they vary with manufacturers? Also i would like to have a GPS speedo but hate to pay the money. Do you have any idea on what the best way to clean pitot tubes is and if it isnt a dirty pitot tube what could it be that would make my speedo only read about 40. Also when i do the new guages and swithches if i dont go with GPS should i run a new pitot tube?:confused:

txtaz
06-15-2004, 11:45 AM
Andy, From what I know, you may have a clogged intake hole. I think to clean it you need to run a small wire through it but in the opposite diection of the normal flow. Also, whenever I bought a speedo, I got a new pitot tube with it and always installed it.
Hope this helps.
Wes

Andy McCarty
06-15-2004, 11:51 AM
thanks txtaz i will try that this weekend. should i start @ the speedo and or is there a tube at the rear that might be spliced. seems like a long way to try ti fish a wire. from the speedo that is.
:wrench: i love tinkering on this boat. i might as i i have posted in the past start looking for a 16 or 18 classic to restore over the winters. how do you like you 90 model?

txtaz
06-15-2004, 12:47 PM
Andy, Most likely the clog is close to the pickup. There is a connector for the tube to the outdrive. I haven't had a need to look for mine. Another option would be to blow air from the gauge back to the pickup. You can get a can of compressed air from Walley World and tape the tube to fit the pitot tube. Then blow away.
We love our 18 classic. Funny thing is it's a '90 hull, '97 350 Mag and Bravo one and built in '01 by Ted (HP600SC). It had 40 hours when we bought it and have already doubled that in 2 months AND we have been traveling alot in those 2 months. So we have been either traveling or boating and now I'm getting grief from the misses to slow down. :idea: :fire: Our boat was in perfect condition with the exception of regular maintenance, I would like to restore a Donzi 22 Classic one day tho. Maybe with a fresh water cooler so I can run with the Clear Lake and ICW boys. I don't want to put the 18 in salt water.
Good luck with the speedo.
Wes

zzrhino
06-15-2004, 02:52 PM
richard try team marine (606)525 8326 ask for richard very helpfull in the gaffrig dept. helped me alot chuck zzrhino :embarasse