PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Donzi 22zx

Dax McDavid
06-07-2004, 10:01 AM
Well, my dad has decided to part with his DONZI :bawling: It is a 2000 22 zx /454/bravo1 with 2 years left on warranty. I promise you will not find better kept boat. It has a fresh water cooling system and new exhaust manifolds. The pictures speak for themselves. He is asking $40,000 nego. for the Boat and aluminum trailor. I would like for it to go to someone who will appreciate it as much as we have. I am going to hold off on putting it in boat trader and ebay for awhile. Send me an email if you would like to know more.

Morpfin
06-08-2004, 10:37 AM
Hi !

Nice looking boat you have pics from the inside?

Also is this the engine details:

MerCruiser 454 MAG MPI Horizon

Horsepower 385
Cubic inch displacement 454
Number of cylinders 8
Weight 1,177 lbs.
Bore and stroke 4.25 x 4 in.
Gear ratio 1.5:1 (with Bravo 1)
Compression ratio 8.6:1
Full throttle operating range rpm 4,600-5,000

I am more than interested but bit scared on the 385Hp's since it might be quite a fuel eater or does anyone here have an idea how much apporx it uses fuel / hour with max. speed and with average cruising?

I dont want to be a tight arse but this must take in consideration when gallon cost approx 6$ here.. :bonk:

Thanks in advance!

Dax McDavid
06-08-2004, 11:08 AM
I will try and post more pics. Had trouble posting the others.

THAT IS THE RIGHT ENGINE, BUT NOT SURE ON HP. 385 SOUNDS A LITTLE HIGH, IT IS THE 454 MPI.
I WILL CHECK.

IT BURNS GAS LIKE ANY OF THESE HP BOATS DO. THERE'S A TRADE OFF FOR A FAST MUSCLE BOAT.

How much is gas in Finland?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Morpfin
06-08-2004, 02:27 PM
I appreciate you checking it out..

What i am looking for is mainly the 260HP motor since i do know they use alot of gas but i think with that motor things are still reasonable and im sure it would still fullfil my need for speed.. =))

As what comes for gas prices over here:

1 liter cost about 1.3 €uros and 1 gallon is approx 3.8 litres. So that adds up as 1 gallon costs 4.94 €uros wich comes to 5.96 dollars / gallon. Our goverment REALLY rips us off with taxes... :fire:

Anyway if you or anyone else have any data regarding the average cruising gas usage, would be appreciated..

Yes and i know some might think whats the point of getting a powerboat at this case in first place... well reason is i really want one!!! :p

CDeal1
06-08-2004, 02:59 PM
My understanding of fuel consumption is that 2 identical boats, one with a 260HP and one with a 385HP running side by side at say 50mph will burn almost exactly the same fuel as one another. The logic being that the 260HP will be working much harder than the 385HP to achieve the same speed. The only reason the 385HP might use a little more is the added weight of the big block engine. When in doubt, I would always go with the higher HP motor if my budget allowed.

rchevelle71
06-08-2004, 04:08 PM
If it is a 454 MPI it will be 310 HP, if it is a 454 MAG MPI, it will be 385. These things all eat fuel, but the 260 HP is a small block, and 310/385 are big blocks, and also weigh more, so no doubt will use more fuel, but they will be faster, and get you there quicker.

MOP
06-08-2004, 04:43 PM
This is not a match but a comparison, 25 Baja 454 350HP carb motor at 3500 10gph. A 310 FI should do a bit better.

Phil

UPDATED: I don't go along with the idea of big vs small block fuel consumption, as most of you know I have been in the marine business over 40 years. One example come to mind, a much bigger boat. 34 Silverton sedan with 350 270HP Crusaders burns 18-19gph at cruise, the later models with 454 350HP burn 23-25gph at cruise. That is quite a difference, our European counterparts are paying double what we pay for fuel so it is easy to understand his concern.

FJB20
06-08-2004, 07:35 PM
$40,000. is a tad high for a 4 year old boat - if I may. How Many Hours ?? Quick & Quiet ?? Colored Bezels??? Fresh Water Cool ?? Bolsters??? GPS Speedo???

CDeal1
06-09-2004, 11:16 AM
Most first time boaters might believe that a big block will consume twice the amount of fuel as a small block. That is not the case, as MOP pointed out, it's maybe only 20% more. If I were a commercial fisherman I would pay great attention to the GPH when purchasing a new boat. On a boat bought for FUN, however, with all of the other costs involved in boating, It should be an easy decision between spending $100 on fuel a day in a 260HP or spending $120 in a 385HP. We are enjoying High Performance boats and they should be rigged that way, in my opinion. I'd be like buying a big beautiful house and never getting the utilities turned on.
HP = FUN!!

Dax McDavid
06-10-2004, 10:19 AM
FJB20,

First, are you interested in buying the boat? As for the hours I don't want to say b/c I don’t want to estimate wrong, but it has been used for going on three summers, about three or four times a month each summer. This boat was purchased in Dec. of 2001 and is in immaculate condition. As I said in the first message it is fresh water-cooled with new exhaust manifolds. It is a standard 22zx, if Donzi didn't put it on the boat when they built it, the boat doesn't have it, I added nothing. It has white gaffrig gauges, cd player, 310 hp, and thru hull exhaust. As for the asking price, the sticker on this boat was around $59,000 w/o trailer. My Dad is asking $40,000 nego. for this perfect boat with almost 2 years left on warranty and including aluminum trailer (-if I may). If you or someone else is seriously considering this boat, don't let the price scare you away, send me an offer, he will be willing to nego. Thanks for your interest.

Dax McDavid

:us-texas:

Dax McDavid
06-16-2004, 10:40 AM
Here are some more Pics and a lowered asking price $38,000 ;)

Lenny
06-16-2004, 08:38 PM
Dax MacDavid, just an observation on a beautiful boat. In the pic with the hydralic lifts for the engine hatch (1), is it as cockeyed as in the picture? Seems starboard is about an 1" or more higher in lift and hinge extension. Why aren't there 2 supports as the glasswork suggests? Reminds me of all my OLD Volkswagons (pre '63) that were like this and all had a crack through the hood on the opposite side.

just curious

Dax McDavid
06-17-2004, 10:26 AM
Lenny,

Good observation and thanks for the compliment. The deal was it originally came with the hydraulic riser mounted in the middle of the engine hatch. When I installed the fresh water-cooling system it took up a lot of room in front of the engine and the hydraulic lifter had to be moved off to the side(work done by Donzi). This being the case, it does cause some sag on the other side of the hatch. I have a pole I use as a prop when it is up for any amount of time. The funny thing is, like you said, the glasswork shows places for 2 lifters, but originally neither of these places were used. :confused: