PDA

View Full Version : Here is a new for some but old for me!

MOP
06-06-2004, 08:13 PM
My kid calls me today almost in tears all ready for the maiden voyage launch of his new/used boat. Says the drive is shot, making a bad noise in reverse on the flushette. I go over and start poking checking the drive oil first looks fine, I turn on the hose he starts it and chucks it in gear sure enough a dull repetitive thud thud, not only in reverse but also forward. He says see its trashed, I smile and tell him no way he looks at me like I have two maybe three heads. I pull the engine hatch crank it back and pull a few wires, yup had a dead spark plug. Pop in another plug and you guessed it the drive fixed it self. Moral it ain't always what it seems!

Phil

Rootsy
06-06-2004, 08:22 PM
Then again.. sometimes it is...

JR - HD equipped :)

MOP
06-06-2004, 08:56 PM
Jamie are the Alpha HD gears cut straight not helical? And I guess now that you have righted things the BB nick name came be dropped!

Rootsy
06-06-2004, 09:01 PM
the HD gears are helical.. the drive gear is not much different than stock.. the driven gear is significantly thicker and uses a much different bearing and race since the gear is deeper...

what BB nickname????

MOP
06-06-2004, 09:42 PM
Hmmm wonder how many horsies it will take to break them, I know you have the formula all worked out :rolleyes:

Rootsy
06-07-2004, 12:03 PM
Hmmm wonder how many horsies it will take to break them, I know you have the formula all worked out :rolleyes:

HEY quit trying to jinx me eh... they'll last as long as i am not stupid with it... they sure have withstood some pounding behind a serious yellow 18 i know of...

so what the hell is this BB nickname you keep jabbering about???

JR - is there a priest in the house?

MOP
06-07-2004, 12:11 PM
Blender Boy! Actualy I think you will do very well with the HD gears. Have started figuring out the upgrades of the future, I know you had some thoughts a little while back.

BUIZILLA
06-07-2004, 12:22 PM
Whoaaaaa MOP, hold on here. :smash: BLENDER BOY is a new nick I gave Todd at AOTH. He has exclusive rights to his new nick.

So say I.

JH :biggrin:

MOP
06-07-2004, 12:48 PM
Whoaaaaa MOP, hold on here. :smash: BLENDER BOY is a new nick I gave Todd at AOTH. He has exclusive rights to his new nick.

So say I.

JH :biggrin:

I stand corrected read you post, it was followed by Jamies with shots of what I thought was his :puke: upper. Put 2+2 and got 3.

MOP