PDA

View Full Version : One down

Cuda
06-06-2004, 12:44 AM
Four to go.

We just closed on our house in Deland yesterday. I was going to rent a uhaul truck to move my stuff, but then I figured I had five trips hauling boats, so I'll just fill the pickup each trip and take it that way. I was going to have Debbie pull one with her Explorer Sport Trac, but that damn interstate between Plant City and Orlando is so torn up and rough, I figured I had better pull them all with the F250.

I hauled the fishboat over today. Debbie stayed there tonight, I had to come back to let the dogs out. Deb is coming back early in the morning, we'll fill both trucks again, and I'll hook to the 20 foot Formula, and pull it there next.

I think we are really going to like it there, but I have a feeling I'm really going to miss the west coast boating.

At least I don't have to make a sixth boat pulling trip. I took my jonboat to my dad's about four years ago, and he has been kind enough to keep it since. :)

Fish boy
06-06-2004, 01:48 AM
Us west coast Seadogs are gonna miss you and debbie. Hope you come back from time to time. Good luck with the new house Cuda.

Fish

gcarter
06-06-2004, 04:30 AM
Joe, if I can make a suggestion on the route to De Land, Try going North on 75 and then go all the way across on 44 at Wildwood. My wife has relatives in the West side of Tampa (Gunn highway area) who are regularly visiting my father-in-law in Daytona who go that way . They say it saves a significant amount of time and stress. I think the trip time is about three hours. I can cut even more time and distance off if you're interested.

George

Cuda
06-06-2004, 07:16 AM
Us west coast Seadogs are gonna miss you and debbie. Hope you come back from time to time. Good luck with the new house Cuda.

Fish

I'm sure we'll be around quite a bit still. Debbie's son stays here at PARC cottage. We have him every other weekend, so we know we have to come then.

My parents and my four siblings are still here. Mom has a four bedroom house with just her and dad living there, so we always have a room. :)

Cuda
06-06-2004, 07:18 AM
George, 75 to 44 and across is quite a bit farther. I made it back from Deland in 2 hours 15 minutes last night. It's 140 miles door to door.

gcarter
06-06-2004, 08:22 AM
I'm sure you're right about the distance, with them it has to do more with the stress levels of Orlando I4 traffic at certain times of the day.

George

Cuda
06-06-2004, 08:42 AM
Yes, yesterday was a particularly bad trip. You would think on a Saturday it wouldn't be that bad. It rained almost all the way. Between Plant City and Orlando, I never got over 50, and most was at 40, some down to 20. Then we finally get a little space at Lake Buena Vista. Get her up to 70, then just before downtown Orlando, the skies open up. It was raining so hard I couldn't see the lines in the road. Later, Debbie told me she hoped I could see them, because she couldn't. She was following me.

I may actually go a different route when I pull the 302 over there. I4 is just so damn bumpy, I'm dreading it.

gcarter
06-06-2004, 08:48 AM
Yeah, and if you get a bad traffic report, it does give you an alternative.

George