PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Tour

ChromeGorilla
06-04-2004, 05:11 PM
I just walked in the door. Went to Sarasota today for a tour of the Donzi plant. Awesome. Left at 4AM. I'm friggin pooped. Will post pics and stuff in a little while.

ChromeGorilla
06-04-2004, 07:30 PM
Had an awesome time. Ok here's the deal...left just before 4 AM and forgot digital camera....didnt realize till I was there. Luckily i had a disposable camera in my car with a few pics left. So forgive if quality is poo. I dont know how to post the pics directly up so I'll do multiple posts with attachments...

Here is my new baby...

Dang sorry everybody..no luck uploadin pics today...

Scott Heidt
06-05-2004, 12:54 PM
What stage of production is it in? :sombrero:
Are they on schedule?

Crazy Horse
06-05-2004, 02:04 PM
Hey Scot (ChromeGorilla),
I toured the factory with Rain Man,Donzi Jenn, Donzigo and some of the other owners a couple years ago. The factory came across to me more like a custom shop than a factory.
I was amazed at the attention to detail and at how few people were actually physically working on the boats.

While we wait for your pics to be posted here are a few from my tour. The model is the lovely Donzi Jenn.

ChromeGorilla
06-05-2004, 02:48 PM
Scott the deck and hull were outside between th glass shop and where they do the riggin. 2 weeks till i get it. Yes its on schedule cuz there were plaenty of workers... :sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero: ..... :biggrin:

Scott Heidt
06-05-2004, 09:24 PM
Did they have the tiajuana tunes jamin! :)

It cracked me up the first time I heard them jamin out while they work!

ChromeGorilla
06-05-2004, 09:37 PM
Oh yeah. Salsa! It was caliente! :sombrero: