PDA

View Full Version : Sandblasting equipment ???

Lenny
06-04-2004, 11:59 AM
I am looking to buy a Portable sandblaster. It will be used with sand AND walnut shells. I want it on wheels and I want it big enough to do this in a free air environment, (outside) and I don't care about recovery of the product. It will be used on metal and glass, as well as wood on occasion for effect. I don't have a clue what I need, but I have a large 3-phase, 2 stage Ingersoll Rand (80 gallon) to drive it with about 30 ACFM at 150 psi available.

I don't want junk or mickey mouse stuff.

What to buy? This is the kind of thing I am looking at.

http://www.kehm.com/marcoportables.htm

Will a grand buy one?

rustnrot
06-04-2004, 12:20 PM
I have an industrial portable I don't use anymore but it is heavy and it is in Georgia.

Lenny
06-04-2004, 12:31 PM
make and model ? and is it usable and how much? :D

Koenig
06-04-2004, 06:45 PM
Best source I have for misc. anything you could think of and surprising finds considering what they build. The Boeing Surplus store. Anything that is used in a machine shop, building planes can be had at that place. found here:

http://www.boeing.com/assocproducts/surplus/index_enterprise.html

Lenny
06-04-2004, 08:18 PM
Poodle, good post. the ACFM of the 1/8" nozzle would be more than enough. The "shells" run on a 1/8" so I would gain some "air volume and pressure" here as compared to your 3/16". This is to remove paint from hulls with walnut shells, sand blast edge grain wood for a weathered effect, and that is about it. The odd glass blast for cabinet doors in kitchens. I don't need the best, but usually buy (not in my Donzis' cases) pretty close to it. I don't go offshore for anything unless it is panel saws, boring machines, edge banders etc, as in Italy, Germany and Switzerland. I have seen the two Companies you describe products. I am interested. Any prices you want to throw me offline? and model numbers?... Again, keep in mind the purpose of this equipment. I am not cleaning a 5 yard Excavator bucket, I am cleaning 16-18 foot hulls of paint and occasional wood blasting. (all very soft stuff) Thanx again ! :)

oceancontainer
08-15-2005, 08:20 PM
http://www.tractorshed.com/photoads/upload/109502_opt.jpg

We have a industrial grade Pangborn Sandblast pot with all of the valves intact and so forth, it is missing a guage or two from moving the heavy pot around the yard. It uses it appears to be 1.1/4" ID hose. Hey it's priced right and if you needed it it would be a excellent buy $ 500.00 FOB Fort Worth Texas. Contact:
o11660@yahoo.com

Rootsy
08-16-2005, 06:35 AM
I have a 100 lb pot with replacable nozzles... i have no clue who made it... i've been through about 3 guns on it in it's lifespan... poodle is right... 30 CFM is no where near enough... i run my blaster with a 238 detroit driving twin rotaries... she'll hold 150 psi discharge out of the pump on a 1 1/4 inch open line... :biggrin: you definitely want a good hood and breathing apparatus... and i tend to park the compressor around the side of the building... to avoid a headache from that damned screaming 6 banger... :rolleyes: i tend to buy sand by the ton or those big bottom sinch bags... since i go through quite a bit on tractors trying to get into all of the nooks and crannies removing multiple layers of 50 year old paint :smash:

JR - ain't got the balls to blast 39 year old fiberglass...

offshoregasm
08-16-2005, 08:50 AM
I am looking to buy a Portable sandblaster. It will be used with sand AND walnut shells. I want it on wheels and I want it big enough to do this in a free air environment, (outside) and I don't care about recovery of the product. It will be used on metal and glass, as well as wood on occasion for effect. I don't have a clue what I need, but I have a large 3-phase, 2 stage Ingersoll Rand (80 gallon) to drive it with about 30 ACFM at 150 psi available.

I don't want junk or mickey mouse stuff.

What to buy? This is the kind of thing I am looking at.

http://www.kehm.com/marcoportables.htm

Will a grand buy one?

Not sure about Canada, but here in the states dont ever say the words "open air blasting" unless you want the EPA to throw a noose around your neck.

Killzoneq2
06-26-2007, 01:31 AM
Hey, I am currently running a Clemco 1042 100# pot and a Atlas 185cfm compressor for my mobile blasting. It works out pretty good due to the pot being light enough to move around. I am going to look at a Schmidt 600# pot tomorrow for the shop, so I dont have to keep loading the thing every 20 minutes. It is pretty old, might need some gasket replacements. What would be a good price for something like this. I know it works but needs a face lift. Its just a local guy selling some stuff he use to use on his farm. Pic of my current rig. Just saw this is over 3 year old post.. Not sure if anyone will get this post...

justleft
06-26-2007, 05:15 PM
I just use a cheap old suction feed to throw walnut shells at varied projects.

Hey walnut dust is organic :crossfing: right ?

But sand is another story. What's it called ? Sillycosis ??

Killzoneq2
06-29-2007, 01:13 AM
Yes thats my Clemco 100# pot for mobile blasting. I am looking at a used Schmidt 600# pot to keep at the house for larger jobs or to take with me for super large jobs. It need a face lift and some TLC right now but could make a good pot. I just dont know aobut the Schmidt like I do the Clemcos.