PDA

View Full Version : Kyle passed the test

Brad Lyon
06-03-2004, 09:08 PM
Congratulations to my son Kyle. Both he and I took the Michigan state boating safety course together (I originally took the course in 1968). He passed the test with only two incorrect answers. I missed one question which was one of the questions that Kyle also missed. I am glad I took the course with him for two reasons. First, it was a great experience taking a class and studying with him. Second, a lot has changed since I took the course in 1968, no such things as a PWC back then.

Brad

Digger
06-04-2004, 05:08 AM
:checkered congrats!

anotherScott
06-04-2004, 06:54 AM
I also took the United States Power Squadron course offered in NJ with two of my sons. Ages 14 and 16. We all passed, and you have to be 16 to drive a boat here. Somehow it looks like I am going to loose out on this deal since my 16 year old can beat me in a footrace to the dock:)

Happy Boating.

Scott

Surfer
06-04-2004, 08:34 AM
My son and I are taking the course this July, funny thing in Florida, the land of newby boaters, there is no legal requirement, go figure.

DonziChick
06-04-2004, 08:36 AM
Congratulations!

I remember taking the Power Squadron test in high school with my dad. It was harder than I thought it would be!

Look at it this way, when I was younger, you could drive a boat at any age... I've been driving since I could sit on a couple of cushins and see over the wheel! And I wouldnt give it up for anything!

Brad Lyon
06-04-2004, 11:29 AM
Kyle is 11 years old. The certificate clearly states that it is not valid until his 12th birthday. Surfer, there is no legal requirement in Michigan if you have a valid drivers license unless you operate a PWC.

Brad

rchevelle71
06-04-2004, 11:46 AM
My son and I are taking the course this July, funny thing in Florida, the land of newby boaters, there is no legal requirement, go figure.
Isnt that amazing!!!

I couldnt believe it when I moved here. I got my Certificate in CT about 4 years ago.

Digger
06-04-2004, 02:27 PM
everybody ought to take this course or one like it. I don't like the idea of making it mandatory, since it rubs against my conservative view, i.e. it is foolish to attempt to legislate common sense.

But... There are so many yahoos out on the water that don't know their bow line from a bowline and it is embarassing to the sport.

ToonaFish
06-04-2004, 02:52 PM
Whoo hoo, Kyle!

(Did your Dad ask you for the answers?)