PDA

View Full Version : Baffles Needed????

Burton
06-02-2004, 05:17 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Got stopped on a North Ga. Lake last weekend with my Sweet 16 and new sbc. DNR informed me that the thru hulls were too loud :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse and needed to be "baffled" ???

Help! What do I need? Where do I get them? What should I $$$ and How minimal can I get away with? They didn't seem overly concerned....can I get away with internal flappers in addition to my external ones?

Thanks for the Advice...this really sucks :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire

GKricheldorf
06-02-2004, 06:15 PM
It's a damn shame !!! I sure hope i don't get warned or a ticket. When i was shopping for parts on my re-power i found these guys on ebay. Decent prices and they didn't over charge on shipping.

http://www.diversified-marine.com/Exhaust.html

Digger
06-02-2004, 06:41 PM
and how did he come to that conclusion? did he have a meter on him? or is his ear magically calibrated to record db +/- ???

look up the law, if you are in the right fight it. If all else fails put in silent choice/captains call. Baffles are a cheaper option but it sure is nice to let her breathe straight through when you want with no obstruction.

marcdups
06-02-2004, 07:27 PM
Burton, did you get rid of the Y pipe and going straight thru the transom??, if that is so, so did the corsa system!!what hp are you pushing now??Baffles may be obtained just about anywhere although i do not think you would like them, try calling corsa and ask for silencer options for the 16 as you need the cut out on top for the toe rail, other than that I do believe( do not quote me on that )that at idle and 3 feet away from the boat DB should not exceed 93, BigGrizz, Tom and the putty Tat should know better than me as they are in your neck of the woods, E Mail me some pics when you have a chance or post them here. Take care, Marc

Stix Magill
06-02-2004, 08:38 PM
I'm putting in an Imco system (Sound Advantage) for silent to thru and anywhere in between. I'll let you know how it turns out. Should be done in a week or two.

Scott Smith

ChromeGorilla
06-02-2004, 09:12 PM
It doesnt matter how loud you boat is in the state of GA as long as you have a muffler. There is no set dB level to observe. The law only requires a muffler. Here is a link.

I live on the intercoastal and just bought a 22 with straight thru hull. :rlol: Let the fun begin.....

My buddy has a jet boat with a blown big block and big ole chrome exhaust pipes stickin straight up. Thing is loud as hell. Pass DNR all the time we've never been stopped.

GA boat laws (http://georgiawildlife.dnr.state.ga.us/content/displaycontent.asp?txtDocument=39)