PDA

View Full Version : Lake St. Clair - Saturday June 5

Ranman
06-02-2004, 01:57 PM
I'm planning on heading out to the lake for the day? We could meet at the Clinton Ramp, Deckers, Browns, the Moot, Sam's new place, you name it. Anyone else game?

Brad Lyon
06-02-2004, 08:02 PM
Sounds like fun. However, I have to graduate 160 seniors on Saturday.

Brad

olredalert
06-02-2004, 08:18 PM
Randy and MADCOWs,

--------Sat, June 5 and Sun, June 6 are the ocean races in Algonac. The course runs right around the southern tip of Algonac and up the river a bit. Dont know anything about the format but will find out more tomorrow. Then the following weekend is APBA in Port Huron. Back to back. When do we ever get that lucky around here. The river has been looking a bit like Lake Cumberland lately with a bunch of logs heading south past my shack, so keep a sharp eye out no matter what we end up doing. Will post more Thursday...........Bill S

Sam
06-02-2004, 09:18 PM
I'll be around but I did want to try and catch a peek at the real go fast boats on the N. Channel.

Sam

Ranman
06-02-2004, 09:43 PM
Let's get together somehow and do just that.

Bill, Let us know what you find out.

olredalert
06-03-2004, 11:29 AM
--------OK, guys. Go to silvercupseries.com and then punch in Algonac and then schedule. Algonac has a downtown party Friday night that would be fun to be a part of. Saturday is all Kilo runs (FUN) and testing and stuff. 6:00 Sat. night is a meet the racers party at the Club Capri. Could be fun as well!
--------Sunday is race day, and 11:00 is the first one. There is a picture of the course on the website and there should be some good viewing spots. One that comes to mind would be at the end of that narrow channel at the north end of Harsens between the South channel and the North channel. That way we could exit the course at anytime by way of the South channel.
--------I have an old (69) Chevelle to sell and may spend some time Sat. afternoon down in Mt.Clemens (big cruise) trying to shake loose a buyer or two. Other than that Im up for just about anything.............Bill S

roadtrip se
06-03-2004, 05:40 PM
So I'm going to miss it. We actually gave some thought to being a patrol boat for the races, but the time commitment
was too much. There is another big offshore race sponsored by OSS and GLSCS on 7/30 at St Clair that will rock with the big cats! Bill, can you say house guest?

While you guys are out there this weekend, check out the approach to the Harmony and think about what we want to do on Friday in July!

Have fun and enjoy the good weather... Finally!

Todd

olredalert
06-05-2004, 08:23 AM
-----Whats happening, guys, whos going to be up around Harsens for the races tomorrow?
-----I was approached yesterday by the Silver Cup Series guys in the St.Clair area to appear as a group at the St.Clair races that Roadtrip has mentioned at the end of July. Sounds kind of cool. Who would want to join in in that? They are saying we would sort of get special treatment thruout the weekend. Ill be posting more about this as I find out more............Bill S

Sam
06-05-2004, 08:44 PM
What do they have in mind ?

Sam