PDA

View Full Version : Shift interupter

Cuda
06-01-2004, 07:17 PM
I need to adjust mine. Which of these two cables will affect it? I think it's the lower (black) one. Should I move the nut towards the bow or stern? It's not cutting off enough to be able to shift now.

Rootsy
06-01-2004, 07:25 PM
Joe,

madpoodle posted a comprehensive procedure a little while ago... in a pdf format... print it out and follow it step by step. if it does not work then you have cable or sterndrive issues... it is the way to go... please trust me on this one...

the boat needs to be in the water so you can shift it in and out of gear... the prop needs to be loaded to make it work properly...

this whole deal can be extremely easy or it can be so much of a PITA that you'll want to sink the boat... i hope you get the easy route...

MOP
06-01-2004, 07:27 PM
It may not be the adjustment, the switches go bad. Start the engine then go back and look at the shift converter you will see the switch with a roller on a cam, lift the roller which will activate the switch the engine should stutter and maybe even stall if working properly. If the switch is OK then borrow a manual and go through the procedure carefully and it should be fine. At time the springs go bad but that usually has a different symptom.

Cuda
06-01-2004, 07:29 PM
I know the switch is working, it's either not cutting it soon enough or long enough. I did one a few years ago on my little Formula, but my CRS has kicked in again.

Where do I find MP's guide to it?

Rootsy
06-01-2004, 07:39 PM
http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1990

Cuda
06-01-2004, 08:07 PM
Thanks Rootsy, I just printed out all 17 pages. :yes: