PDA

View Full Version : Bonsai

Ed Donnelly
06-01-2004, 06:55 PM
I had just pulled into the coffeeshop,when a lady walked up to me and says, " I bet you a coffee I can correctly guess either your occupation, hobby, or, wifes nationality"
I figure she will guess my hobby is boating, but hell, its only a coffee, so I said OK
You are a gardener...No I am a process gas tech
Your wife is Japanese....No she is Irish
Your hobby is you grow minature trees...No I go boating

She gets really uptight and says to me " Then why the hell do you have that plaque on the back of your truck that says....DONZI...
Then it clicks in she mistook DONZI for BONSAI
She thought the D was a B and it was pronounced BONZI
She walked off in a huff and didn't buy my coffee.
Only in Canada EH? .Ed

TuxedoPk
06-01-2004, 08:36 PM
On my trip up the Hudson to West Point last week I took along a friend for his first ride.

He loved the boat.... and mentioned that he really loved the Italian styling :)

gcarter
06-01-2004, 09:34 PM
So Ed, do you use "EH?" in your normal conversation?
What I really mean is, do you say it but not write it?
I've met Cannucks who couldn't speak a sentence without turning turning it into a question qnd ending it in EH?
In March I went to an industry convention and sat in on a lecture where the lecturer, from Southern Ontario, didn't say EH? once. I asked him about it later and he said he practiced constantly not to. :rlol:

George

boxy
06-01-2004, 09:43 PM
George, I can't speak for Ed, but I'll bet that I say Eh as often as you drive 35 in the right lane with your left blinker flashing on your way to Denny's for their Early Bird 3:00 PM dinner.... :D

gcarter
06-01-2004, 10:19 PM
Boxy, I'm not quite 60 yet, and I still work for a living, so my mind hasn't quite turned itself off. That'll probably come next year. :bonk:

George

BUIZILLA
06-02-2004, 06:19 AM
as often as you drive 35 in the right lane with your left blinker flashing on your way to Denny's for their Early Bird 3:00 PM dinner.... :D
Boxy, you got this one all wrong dude... it's 35 in the far LEFT lane with the left blinker going, makeup application in the mirror, coffee in your lap, and driving with your knee's... at least thats how the EH people do it down here.

J

MOP
06-02-2004, 09:07 AM
RLOL! Truisms!

Rootsy
06-02-2004, 09:15 AM
In da lower we just pass dem on da right Eh..