PDA

View Full Version : More Speed Wanted...Re-gear Bravo 1 ????

Stan
06-01-2004, 04:17 PM
I know about and have done many upgrades for a little more speed. I want to know……can I re-gear my Bravo 1 ? I have the stock gears in the unit.

Is this an expensive option…easy to do…..and will I get an increase in speed ? What gear options do I have ?

Just thinking out loud !

Stan…… :cool!:

22 Classic
454 Bravo 1
375 HP
Carbed
64 MPH @ 4800 RPM GPS with 4 Blade 23P Revolution ( the 4 blade handles great but I should have bought a 24P )
1000 foot elevation, fresh water

Stan
06-01-2004, 04:31 PM
I have already done the cam,highrise intake, 850? cfm carb, and a few other doo-dads in the engine....bigger exhaust would be nice.........I would like to see 70 mph.

Why 70mph..........BECAUSE I WANT IT !!!

Stan...... :spongebob

Rootsy
06-01-2004, 07:00 PM
hmmmm you should be much better than you are now if your motor is performing as it should with whatever upgrades you've done..

details on cam? what does hi-rise intake denote... 850 cfm is a bit of carb even for that motor i think, anything done to it?... exhaust would probably be a wise investment...

you should be closer to 70ish than you are... a 454 mag mpi *385 pshp* motor will put you around 67 - 68 right out of the box if i am not mistaken...

regearing won't really help you at all... remember, HP in = HP out... so you trade off torque for shaft speed or vice versa with a different gear ratio... to maintain the same rpm on the motor you must change prop pitch... but you won't gain speed unless by chance the prop you end up going to is more efficient, carries the boat better for less drag or things along those lines...

bottom paint on the boat? condition of the hull bottom? proper use of power trim on the sterndrive? trim tabs dragging? they can all be a killer eh.

JR - tools Check, Parts Check.. wait... what are all of these spares?