PDA

View Full Version : Compass location 22zx?

Splendid
06-01-2004, 01:13 PM
I would like to install a compass (Flush mount) on my 2004 22zx. Has anyone installed one on a 22zx?

jeepfan99
06-01-2004, 02:17 PM
Bought one last year but never installed it. You can mount it directly above the glove box with some velco but it is not very functional. Forget the compass and buy a GPS. If you haven't bought a compass already I will sell you mine cheap NIB.

Scubado
06-03-2004, 09:31 AM
I have a 22 ZX and spent and spent a lot of time trying to figure out where to locate the compass myself. I ended up mounting it in the cup holder. Believe it or not Richie makes a compass that just happens to fit perfectly. It works great for me. Here is a picture. It's blurry but I think you'll get the idea.
http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3410&stc=1

The only other thing I could come up with was to use a flat mounted digital compass but I couldn't find one of those that I liked.

Let me know if you come up with something better.

BUIZILLA
06-03-2004, 09:37 AM
Do the readings change when you turn the radio on??

J

Scubado
06-03-2004, 09:46 AM
Good question! I didn't have a radio when I was using the compass a lot. The radio was stolen a couple of weeks after I bought the boat and I just got around to putting a new one in this winter. I'll have to check that out.

The compass worked well before though, got me through many a fog bank on my way from Ventura to the Channel Islands.