PDA

View Full Version : Ding, Dang, damn Speedo!!!

TBroccoli
06-01-2004, 12:41 PM
What makes a speedo work??? I've disconnected the tube from the outdrive and blew water up into it making the gauge move. I've cleaned the little white plastic fitting that the tube connects to. I've run a coat hanger down into the out drive till it bottomed out. All looks and feels to be not clogged. I still get no life out of it while running. It even lights up when I turn on my navigation lights. What is second wire connected to it for?? Frustrated. Help!!

RedDog
06-01-2004, 01:11 PM
...disconnected the tube from the outdrive and blew water up into it making the gauge move. I've cleaned the little white plastic fitting that the tube connects to...

On a Bravo drive there is a small (3/32 inch) hole on the leading edge of the lower housing. Trash can get impacted inside the hole. Run a 3/32 inch drill bit into it to clear.

MOP
06-01-2004, 01:13 PM
If you can get to an air compressor you can blow through the drive, important not to blow into the pickup that usually lodges the junk even more. Always blow out any orifice in the opposite direction of its flow. The two wires are normally power from light switch and ground.

Phil