PDA

View Full Version : Now I understand

Cuda
05-31-2004, 07:43 PM
I've always been enamored with Donzi's. I've been on the board for nearly three years. This evening was the first time I've ever ridden in a Donzi, let alone drive one.

This evening we finally got to run the Minx. I can't explain the feeling. It's sort of like having sex for the first time. I can't get the smile off my face.

gcarter
05-31-2004, 07:46 PM
Way to go Joe!!

JimG205
05-31-2004, 07:49 PM
Glad your up and running Joe-lookin real good.Good luck and happy boating. :boat:

Jim

ToonaFish
05-31-2004, 08:18 PM
Aw, Joe, this is so sweet that you would share your special moment with us!

And may I compliment you on taking a moment in the excitement of your first ride to stop and put on protection. :smileybo: :smileybo:

CONGRATULATIONS!

MOP
05-31-2004, 08:40 PM
Boy is excited first he had a hole in his can! The as the photo will attest to he has his protection on his BACK! Hummmm!

All that aside we all know the feeling Ain't it Grand!

Best of luck with the Minx!

Phil

Cuda
05-31-2004, 09:02 PM
I've driven and ridden in a lot of boats in my day, and I can tell you this is the most fun boat to drive. I never took it up over 3400 rpm, and it was running smooth. I'm very happy with the performance of the engine so far. I was running a 23 Cleaver. I thought it might be sluggish coming out of the hole, but it was fine. The engine torque seems very smooth, pulls evenly as far up as I ran it. The only problem I had was with the shift interupter I guess. The first few times in and out of gear were no problem. When I came to the dock after taking my dad for a ride, I couldn't get it out of gear. Luckily, I was shooting for the outside dock, so I just aborted the landing and came around again. I yanked it out of gear out in the water where there was nothing to hit in case it didn't. I banged the hell out of my hand against the throttle when the gear finally let loose. It went right into reverse too. :eek!: I finally just got it headed to the dock and cut the power, it came in perfectly with no damage to boat or dock. I guess it was a Geo type landing. :)

JimG
06-01-2004, 08:22 AM
Congrats Cuda!! I know what you mean, there's definitely something about 'em! :biggrin.:

JimG

Dredgeking
06-01-2004, 08:45 AM
nice, very nice.

there is nothing like driving a classic donzi.

Scott Heidt
06-01-2004, 08:45 AM
Woooo! HOOO! Congrats! :boat:

Cuda
06-01-2004, 09:20 AM
Thanks guys. It was so much fun, I didn't unhook the truck last night. I think I'll adjust that shift interupter and play hooky today. :yes:

Last Tango
06-01-2004, 10:05 AM
... and we'll see you and the Minx in Suwannee in less than two weeks! Yeah, buddy!

EricG
06-01-2004, 10:44 AM
Congrats on the successful run Cuda!

I can totally relate, although I owned another Donzi for 3 years, I had never ridden in a classic until I took mine out for the first time this year.... The feeling is indescribable!

So, between the fun of the Minx and fuel prices, are you ever going to run the big Formula again?

-EG

Cuda
06-01-2004, 11:06 AM
So, between the fun of the Minx and fuel prices, are you ever going to run the big Formula again?

-EG

Good question. The Formula may be relegated to poker run duty only! :D

Crazy Horse
06-01-2004, 11:20 AM
The Minx is a beautiful boat. Good luck with it!

Eugene Nahemow
06-01-2004, 01:10 PM
Cuda,
Great looking boat!
Your wife sure did a beautiful job!
I am also waiting impatiently for my Donzi to be ready. It's much easier to jump in the Donzi and tool around than getting the Magnum ready to go out.
I was out in the Magnum this weekend and gas on the lake was $3.69 for high test!!! :eek: :eek:
Have fun with her!

Regards.

McGary911
06-01-2004, 03:59 PM
Cuda, it is a great feeling, isn't it? :hyper: I first got mine wet last march (got lucky with a 65 degree day)......i was smiling into May! Wish you all the luck with it......