PDA

View Full Version : Power trim switch + steering wheel

mphatc
05-28-2004, 07:58 PM
I would like to locate my power trim switch on my steering wheel . . . a simple spring loaded toggle

up
neutral
down

in one of the holes in the classic 3 spoke steering wheel on my Corsican

Any body done this?

Mario L.
working all w/e on the boat !

Fish boy
05-28-2004, 08:13 PM
Not positive this will work with I/O, but can't see any reason why it would not.

Most high performance outboard boats have trim and somtimes jack plate operations monted on the steering wheel. I just bought one and will install it next week. Not because my boat is High pro, but wanted to have a remote trim switch back near the transom.

Got it from Rick and Barb at Rick Racers (http://www.rickracers.com) . They are good people and can get anything you want at or better pricing than anywhere else. If you don't see what you want, shoot them an email and ask about it. Might save a few bucks.

trim switch (http://rickracers.com/product_info.php?products_id=64)

Fish

Mr X
05-28-2004, 08:20 PM
Yes it will work, look at livorsi marine web site
or land and sea web site. They both have kits containing everything you need to do it.
You just have to drill 2 small holes for the mounting of the switch.

Cuda
05-28-2004, 08:52 PM
I saw some kits for doing just that today when I was looking for a trim kit for the Minx. I think Eddie Marine had some too.

MOP
05-29-2004, 12:01 AM
Not to be a party Poop but how many of you run with one hand on the wheel and one on the throttle? If I were to mount anything on the wheel it would be the tabs, the trim is at your finger tip. Why take you hand off the throttle to trim the drive or fool with the tabs?

mphatc
05-29-2004, 07:18 AM
thanks for the suggestions, I'll look at all of them and share what I learn.

Phil, I have no trim at my finger tips and will not be adding tabs, but will use my original Morse control with the Bravo, and don't want to mount anything on the dash or glass work that wasn't put there by Donzi.

Mario

Fish boy
05-29-2004, 07:37 AM
Not to be a party Poop but how many of you run with one hand on the wheel and one on the throttle? If I were to mount anything on the wheel it would be the tabs, the trim is at your finger tip. Why take you hand off the throttle to trim the drive or fool with the tabs?

Some people run a hot foot.

MOP
05-29-2004, 08:16 AM
Points well made was looking through very crooked lenses last night, was fun then hurts now! :bonk:

Phil

Rootsy
05-29-2004, 09:29 AM
geezus phil... you gotta lay off the sauce when you are here... less drinking more working ont he boat dang it... chop chop...