PDA

View Full Version : Thieves!

ChromeGorilla
05-28-2004, 07:29 PM
Locally here there is a fellow who owns a small printing company on the main drag in town. And all spring when I drove buy I noticed he had 2 killer boats parked on the side of his building. A brand new 32ZF with twin 250's and a brand new Hydra-sports 3300cc with trip 250's. The Donzi is a prize boat for some kingfish tournies but I dont know if the the hydra was his or not. He had voluntered to store the boats on his property for free. Nice gesture. I always thought to myself...man someone could drive up middle night hook up and go! Couldnt believe wasnt behind fence or gate or something! So my friend who does marine search and rescue for the county sheriffs had meeting last night. They put out a BOLO for the hydra-sports. Seems some one thought it was too easy. Stolen. Last seen heading east on HWY 40. Man that has got to suc! I noticed this morning that the Donzi is no longer there. It was down the road locked up behind a car dealership.

Digger
05-28-2004, 07:53 PM
thats a shame... I worry when my boat is sitting around on her trailer... got 48 hrs at a rest area to prove it... :rolleyes:

however you can make things tougher on the bad guy by using lots of locks. My favorite is a Denver boot style lock that goes around a wheel, available at West M and BoatUS. A good barrel key cable lock is good for wrapping around a hub and the frame. Of course a padlock for the tongue. I use all of the above.

I suppose you can argue if they want it bad enough they will get it... but if you festoon the thing with hindrances, make it harder to take, maybe it will discourage them enough to look for an easier target.

hope they recover the boat

Fish boy
05-28-2004, 08:33 PM
Man, that sucks. Chance it is heading out of the country, but putting up info and pics on boards might help get it back if it is still around.

I had a talon tunnel boat stolen a few years ago and would love about 30 seconds with the low life SOB who took it. :angryfire Hope your friend has better luck, or better police, than I did.

Fish

ChromeGorilla
05-28-2004, 08:41 PM
Dont have pics of actual boat...but this is what it looks like exactly......

Cuda
05-28-2004, 08:57 PM
I absolutely hate a theif! :mad:

Fish boy
05-28-2004, 09:52 PM
"It's a damn poor fool that can't think of more than one way to spell a word" - U.S. Grant

dats sum funi chit!

Koenig
05-29-2004, 02:42 PM
In the Key's gangs steal boats to smuggle people out of Cuba. When they are close to U.S. shore they just sink em'. The "refugee's" just swim into shore looking like they rafted across. High performance "fishing" boats can hold more people, so they are the most stolen. Current fee is about $10,000 per person.

The U.S. Border Patrol cruises marinas checking out potential boats that could be stolen for refugee smuggling. They than watch them and track them waiting for them to pick up cargo in Cuba. Since they the smugglers are onto this they are taking more boats from un-secure yards.

Make it hard to steal your boat in those area's.

Thieves are scum! The death penalty should cover more than just murder!!!!:uzi: