PDA

View Full Version : 6th Annual LA (Lower Alabama) Labor Day Donzi Roundup

Emmo
05-28-2004, 12:25 PM
:beer:
It's that time again folks! Time to register for the grandaddy of all Donzi.net events. We will be back at Lakepoint State Park- http://www.dcnr.state.al.us/parks/lakepoint_1a.html on beautiful Lake Eufaula (Lake Walter F George for all you communists from Georgia) for Labor Day. Call 800-544-5253 now to book your room. Tell them you are with the Donzi Club and post back here that you have reserved a room. I could only get us 20 rooms, so you may want to hurry.

Mello Yello will be there, since she is the only boat that has made all of the events so far, but Forrest tells me we might not have my new drive on by then. :cussball: She may be a trailer queen for this event.

Be there or be square!

Emmo

Cuda
05-28-2004, 01:12 PM
Dang, our club puts on a poker run that weekend. I just checked and it only looks like a 400 mile trip from here. I'd sure love to go there.

Forrest
05-28-2004, 01:30 PM
That's right Emmo, over this upcoming Labor Day Weekend (September 3rd through the 6th), SEADOGS will present the sixth annual Donzi event on beautiful Lake Eufaula located on the southern Georgia-Alabama state line. Again by popular demand, we will be returning to Lakepoint Resort State Park (http://www.dcnr.state.al.us/parks/lakepoint_1a.html) which about seven miles north of Eufaula, Alabama, off Highway 431.

Make plans to be there!

Bad-Tat
05-28-2004, 01:46 PM
Booked 1 room.

ToonaFish
05-28-2004, 08:20 PM
Please oh please, let me bring something OTHER than bean salad! :rolleyes:

Bunches,

Celene 'going antiquing this time too'

Bad-Tat
05-28-2004, 09:15 PM
Toona,
How about bringing your bottoms this time????

Tomahawk
05-28-2004, 10:07 PM
We're in. Thanks Emmo.

olemissalum
05-28-2004, 10:15 PM
OK, I absolutely promise not to "bail" out on this trip like I did AOTH. See ya then

mikev
06-01-2004, 08:06 AM
hey guys i finaly have a weekend off that there is an event so I will be calling this week to make reservations. question for you all I have a daughter that is 8 is the event family oriented enough to bring her along?

Forrest
06-01-2004, 10:47 AM
Yes Mike, this is very much a family orientated event. We'll do our traditional cookout, Donzi cruises to wherever, a rafting and (or) beaching at the island, and maybe, just maybe this will be the year to run south through the locks into the Chattahoochee River.

Special note to Miami Hurricane OR Florida State Seminole fans: THE football game is on Monday night. You will NOT miss the game. Typically, everyone leaves on Monday so you should be back in time to watch it at home or your favorite establishment.

mikev
06-01-2004, 11:23 AM
cool thats what i thought thanks for the update forest i will make reservations for the hotel this week or are the cabins nicer.

ToonaFish
06-01-2004, 11:26 AM
Mike, I've sworn to not only bring, but to wear, bottoms, so it should be a fairly wholesome event. I can't speak, however, for what others will wear while dodging bouys.

I do reserve the right to drop the F Bomb during the slalom course, but only in the presence of consenting adults. :umbrella:

Bunches,

Celene "checking Georgia's schedule"

ToonaFish
06-01-2004, 11:44 AM
Whew, only GA Southern on the 4th... okay, but who has a decent radio?

Bunches,

Celene 'feeling that this schedule will leave us woefully unprepared for LSU on October 2...'

Cuda
06-01-2004, 11:53 AM
Celene 'feeling that this schedule will leave us woefully unprepared for LSU on October 2...'

Toona, you best be more concerned with October 30th! :alligator

mikev
06-01-2004, 01:19 PM
Mike, I've sworn to not only bring, but to wear, bottoms, so it should be a fairly wholesome event. I can't speak, however, for what others will wear while dodging bouys.

I do reserve the right to drop the F Bomb during the slalom course, but only in the presence of consenting adults. :umbrella:

Bunches,

Celene "checking Georgia's schedule"
F bomb too funny :biggrin: :biggrin:

Last Tango
06-01-2004, 03:30 PM
I am in. Just made my reservation. Awesome times in the past. And this year we really DO need to try to boat the lower Chat just for giggles.

ToonaFish
06-01-2004, 03:40 PM
Toona, you best be more concerned with October 30th! :alligator

Funny thing, Cuda, my UGA 2004 Calendar ends the month of October on the 29th. Damdest thing. Must be a black hole in the universe kind of expectation.

Mike, spending time with Donzi Jenn is, um, very, um, educational. My vocabulary is greatly enhanced. I'm still digesting her definition of :shocking: :shocking: tunafish. :shocking: :shocking:

Bunches,

Celene 'statistical probabilities would have UGA win in this century, right?'

marcdups
06-01-2004, 07:35 PM
TOWEL BOY HAS A ROOM, DIANE HAS A RIDE AND OUR ROOM HAS BEEN BOOKED, Forrest do I need to bring EXtra fuel??

mikev
06-04-2004, 11:01 AM
all right guys I am booked looking forward to my first Donzi gathering. maybe a few of us can get together and caravan down from Atlanta (tomahawk, grizz, ect.) I am taking that Friday off so we can beat the mass exodus from Atlanta.

ToonaFish
06-04-2004, 02:50 PM
Just spoke to the sweet ladies at Lakepoint - only one kingsize and two double rooms left, so don't dally!

Bunches,

Celene 'not driving all night for this one!'

Forrest
06-08-2004, 11:02 AM
Just spoke to the sweet ladies at Lakepoint - only one kingsize and two double rooms left, so don't dally!

Is that all the rooms that are left out of the 20 rooms that Emmo booked?

ToonaFish
06-08-2004, 11:08 AM
Yep, that was it for the Donzi booking... do ya think the Seadogs are actually planning ahead for once?

Forrest
06-14-2004, 09:05 AM
Hay gang! I just now checked with Lakepoint and they told me that there is only one room (yes, only 1 room) still available out of the block of 20 that Emmo reserved for us a couple of weeks ago, and that all the other rooms outside of this block are totally booked for the Labor day Weekend. If you are planning to come to this event, you had better jump on that last room, otherwise, you will need to check back with Lakepoint often for a cancelation.

Now that 95% of the reserved rooms have been taken, please post here who has booked them and will be there.

We'll start here from what I know and information above:

Forrest and Ginny - 1 room
Mark & Ellen (our guests) - 1 room
Emmo - 1 room
Mark "Last Tango" Laszlo
Towell Boy - 1 room
Bill "Bad-Tat" Batemen - 1 room
Tom Riggle - 1 room
Big Grizzly - 1 room
ToonaFish - 1 room
Bigbroadjumper - 1 room
JoeP - 1 room
DavidO - 1 room

ToonaFish
06-14-2004, 09:36 AM
Toona - One Room

olemissalum
06-15-2004, 10:32 PM
One room

Mr X
06-21-2004, 06:54 PM
We are in!! Bringing the newly finished X-18 Scorpion.
Does anyone have a cabin booked that they dont want or cant use? If so dont cancell it!!!!
we need a cabin.......
Please let me know,
tedwork@tampabay.rr.com

Thanks
Ted

Forrest
06-22-2004, 11:25 AM
Great Ted! We'll be lookin' forward to see you there with your latest completed project. Good luck with the cabin - be sureto keep checking back with Lakepoint.

Bigbroadjumper
06-23-2004, 05:02 PM
Just booked my room, now which boat to bring? Big Magnum or Small Magnum?

Forrest
06-24-2004, 10:12 AM
Yes Mr. LASZLO, I'll have my staff assistant make that correction immediately. :biggrin:

Also you're right Mark, time to update the list . . . an no, I didn't forget Toona!

That's great news Bob! Bring the big one if you can. :beer: Sometimes it gets rough out there on Eufaula. The year I brought my 27, the lake was really kicking up, and I'm glad that I did.

Are all the reserved rooms now gone? Who got the other seven or eight rooms?

Bigbroadjumper
06-24-2004, 01:20 PM
Forrest, when I called yesterday they had no rooms left. I reserved a cabin, but was put on the waiting list for a room. I will bring the big one if I can get the motor back together by then. What are you bringing?

Forrest
06-24-2004, 02:52 PM
Forrest . . . What are you bringing?

Whatever is running at the time . . . other than the 11.5' Boston Whaler.

I hope to have the Magnum ready by then, but unfortunaly I think my old Chevy van tow vehicle won't make another trip to Eufaula pulling the 27. It pretty beat. We'll probably bring the X-18 pulled by Ginny's Grand Charokee unless I junk the van by then and buy decent 3/4 ton truck.

Bigbroadjumper
06-24-2004, 03:19 PM
I am still not sure what my problem is, we think it may have been the head gasket. The heads were a little warped so I am having them touched up. After I put it back together I hope no more water in the oil. If not ????? How can I preasure test the exhaust manifold?

Forrest
07-09-2004, 10:55 AM
Any more names to add to the list?

Like previous years, it should be a great time.

Schedule of events to posted soon.

Last Tango
07-11-2004, 08:23 PM
Happy Birthday, Forrest! Startin' to push that outer envelope... In 6 months you will receive your first mailing from AARP. Let it happen. They normally start a little early to get you softened up. Besides, the AARP discount is a nice thing to have. Enjoy your last year of "youth"
Mark

Forrest
07-12-2004, 08:51 AM
Thanks for those pre-softening-up words of encouragement, O Mighty Supreme Seadog. :bawling:

Forrest

Now fourteen years older than this post number . . .

marcdups
07-13-2004, 06:18 PM
Mark seems to know about that subject Forrest, does he know how old hehe will be whan he gets out :sombrero: :sombrero:

Last Tango
07-14-2004, 08:31 AM
I have long since passed the entry level age for AARP. I'm now a Gold Star Survivor member. The father of the President of the United States calls me each year on my birthday to congratulate me on surviving another year and praise me on being so daring as to still hang out with the SEADOG's, particularly since Budmann and Fishboy joined. He still uses HIS Donzi from time to time (NOT in a Clintonian fashion). He says the best he can do is skydiving on his birthday. I invited him to our next SEADOG Hometown gathering at Porkey's Landing, and to have a Wild Hog Burger (nee Ted Burger) at the Wild Hog Saloon, but he said that was far too risky and too overwhelming for the Secret Service to cover, particularly on Friday nights. Especially with SEADOGs in the crowd. He says Waco, Texas is a far safer place to get into a Friday night bar brawl than in Georgetown. Says his "other" son, won't visit there either and may declare it a "disaster zone" and request Federal troops from his brother. MY question is, how does a Texan become the Governor of Florida, much less President of the US of A?

marcdups
07-18-2004, 09:21 AM
I thought all that governed Florida are big Cadillacs and purple hair, I must be IGNORANT :bonk: :bonk:

Tomahawk
07-20-2004, 08:28 PM
Joe P. e-mailed me tonight. He's in. BTW - his boat runs more like a 502 should run now!

Last Tango
07-21-2004, 10:59 AM
Glad to hear Joe P. is back in the game again. We missed you Joe!

marcdups
07-31-2004, 01:52 PM
SO who is all in ?? and who is bringing the Scrabble board?? Ladies !!

oups, am in trouble again !!! :fire:

Bigbroadjumper
07-31-2004, 09:09 PM
I'm in, and I can't wait. I should have all the "bugs" ironed out of my Magnum by the end of the week. Then it's a couple of weeks of cleaning then on the road. Even my wife is looking forward to this trip.

Forrest
08-03-2004, 09:23 AM
Great! I'm in deep right now replacing the Volvo 280Ts with DPX drives, but I'm determined to have my Magnum ready for Eufaula 6 as well. I'm taking off the rest of this week from work to concentrate on the conversion. At least the hard part is over: The old drives have been removed, holes glassed, re-cut for the DPXs, transom re-Awlgriped, bilge refinished, DPX transom assemblies installed, hydraulic steering lines run, Char-Lynn hydraulic steering motor installed, Livorsi mechanical trim indicator installed but waiting on cables . . . still a lot left to do and most surely, more parts to order.

Now, the question is will the old Chevy van make it to Eufaula? Will a can of Motor Honey help? :eek: Maybe I should smarten' up and rent a truck with a hitch for that weekend.

Bigbroadjumper
08-03-2004, 09:55 AM
I can't wait to see yours! I just hope you don't put mine to shame. Shat kind of performance gains are you expecting?

I am thinking of pulling the heads on the other motor and having the valves done on it as well. I also have a couple of leaks in my stearing system. When I have the exhaust off I hope to get to the thru hulls and clean them up. I will post some new photos of mine this weekend.

Forrest
08-03-2004, 10:06 AM
Bob, to be honest with you, I don't know what to expect. For all I know I may be way off with the two sets of props that I have for the DPXs (a pair of E3 and E4 sets) or the gear ratios (1.59:1). My guess it that it's going to be the E3 set. The E4 set is equivalent to a 28 or 29 pitch so I sure that that's going to be too much for the 383s to turn. Also I figure that prop slip will be reduced when compared to the 280 drives even though the X-dimension is almost 2" higher with the DPX drives when mounted on the same crankshaft center-line.

Not much help available out there on the net on dialing in the DPX.

Maybe I'll try two cans of Motor Honey . . .

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Eufaula 6 !!! :beer:

Forget the Motor Honey, I just bought a 2000 Excursion!

marcdups
08-09-2004, 05:30 PM
Forrest, congrats on the new F :moped: rd, so what are we bringing and what are the plans, do I hear another dry county or is Emmo's territory boat soda friendly, I believe it is, as we found some after the crocodile insident :rlol: :rlol: , spare gas can I know about, sorry to hear that no fish dip will be available this time around, bummer, Poodle & Heidi will be missed.

Big Griz, Tom and the atlanta crowd, when are you guys leaving town, mabye we can meet you somewhere along the road so that I do not get lost again??

Towel Boy!! :outtahere

Bad-Tat
08-09-2004, 09:34 PM
Marc,
The Atlanta crowd is planning on meeting at the Lowes on Mansel and Ga400 at 0900 on Fri for the drive down. If Randy and Tom are on time that should put us just south of the airport around 1015.
Let us know.

Mr X
08-11-2004, 09:51 PM
Were OUT!! :frown:

Forrest
08-16-2004, 10:43 AM
Bummer Ted. We were all lookin' forward to seeing you and your new X. If you had a room reserved, and you let it go, please let us know here so that someone else can pick it up.

PS. I hope you guys didn't get too banged up from Charley.

Forrest
08-16-2004, 10:55 AM
As for a schedule of events for Eufaula 6, we will be meeting with everyone Friday evening to put it together. One thing we'll be sure of, is that we'll have a great time with the emphisis place on boating and relaxing on beautiful Lake Eufaula. We will do the traditional Saturday BBQ, stop at the island, and maybe we'll do the locks and a run south down the Chatahoochie River.

We always have at great time at Eufaula!

Forrest
08-18-2004, 11:28 AM
Here is the list of people that I know of who are coming to Eufaula 6:

Forrest and Ginny - 1 room
Emmo - 1 room
Mark "Last Tango" Laszlo
Towell Boy - 1 room
Bill "Bad-Tat" Batemen - 1 room
Tom Riggle - 1 room
Big Grizzly - 1 room
ToonaFish - 1 room
Bigbroadjumper - 1 room
JoeP - 1 room
DavidO - 1 room

If you are coming to Eufaula and you are not on the list, please let me know here, by email, or by PM. As far as I know, all 20 of the rooms that we have reserved for this event have been booked, but the list here shows only 12 booked rooms. Some people have canceled who used to be on the list, but may still have their rooms. If you would like to go, but you don't have a room, rooms may now be available either through Lakepoint (see eailer posts in the thread), of from the people who cancled (see the Eufaula Room thread (http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36219)). But please let me know.

Bigbroadjumper
08-18-2004, 01:35 PM
Forrest, I called to see about changing from a cabin to a room and there is "room at the Inn".

David O
08-18-2004, 02:08 PM
4 rooms left
now 3

Forrest
08-18-2004, 02:31 PM
Great David O!!! I added you to the list.

. . . but who all booked all those other rooms?

marcdups
08-23-2004, 04:13 PM
Guys and Gulls, due to unforseen circumstances Diane and I will not be able to attend, I do regret to announce that, and also the fact that we will not be able to make the owners rally also, guess it will have to be AOTH next year !!!!

Just to say the P....MAG!!! has not seen the water in over four weeks, and I live at the beach and the boat is in dry storage, in other words, just "one call away and ready"

I feel :puke: :puke: But am sure you will have a great time!!

Donzi Racer
08-23-2004, 09:35 PM
Great! I'm in deep right now replacing the Volvo 280Ts with DPX drives, but I'm determined to have my Magnum ready for Eufaula 6 as well. I'm taking off the rest of this week from work to concentrate on the conversion. At least the hard part is over: The old drives have been removed, holes glassed, re-cut for the DPXs, transom re-Awlgriped, bilge refinished, DPX transom assemblies installed, hydraulic steering lines run, Char-Lynn hydraulic steering motor installed, Livorsi mechanical trim indicator installed but waiting on cables . . . still a lot left to do and most surely, more parts to order.

Now, the question is will the old Chevy van make it to Eufaula? Will a can of Motor Honey help? :eek: Maybe I should smarten' up and rent a truck with a hitch for that weekend.just a quick questions, what are you going to do with the outdrives? If I have a 280 outdrive is this the way to go if I want to be able to use trim with the outdrive? how much of a project is it to exchange? thanks for any info you can pass along, Tom

Donzi Racer
08-23-2004, 09:39 PM
We will be at the event and it will be our first donzi event also. do we need to reserve a dock or is there a entry fee or anything? thanks, Tom and Rose

Emmo
08-24-2004, 12:17 AM
The boat launch and dockage at the lodge are included with your stay. Request a card for your dash when you check in. I usually keep my boat at the dock at night, but most put them on their trailers.

See you there!

Emmo

Forrest
08-24-2004, 09:40 AM
Thanks Emmo, that was an important bit of info that I forgot to mention earlier. All launchings, parking, etc, are inclusive with the room. Not a bad deal for $65 per night.

Mark, what? :eek: Another Eufaula event with out the Towel Boy? We will definitely miss you and Diane this year. Hope to see you guys in the near future somewhere.

Tom, the take-out 280T drives have been sold. An easy (spell that, "no glass work") and good upgrade would be to go to a take-out 290 drive. I have a brand new SX setup for sale, but that would require a transom glass job to install.

Just got off the phone with Big Grizz. He's going to have a little something for the Volvo guys to try out.

It's going to be fun!

Bigbroadjumper
08-24-2004, 11:14 AM
That is great news! I am down one set of props after this weekend. First time in 15 years I bent one up. At least they were the old nibral ones.

Donzi Racer
08-24-2004, 09:18 PM
Thanks Emmo, that was an important bit of info that I forgot to mention earlier. All launchings, parking, etc, are inclusive with the room. Not a bad deal for $65 per night.

Mark, what? :eek: Another Eufaula event with out the Towel Boy? We will definitely miss you and Diane this year. Hope to see you guys in the near future somewhere.

Tom, the take-out 280T drives have been sold. An easy (spell that, "no glass work") and good upgrade would be to go to a take-out 290 drive. I have a brand new SX setup for sale, but that would require a transom glass job to install.

Just got off the phone with Big Grizz. He's going to have a little something for the Volvo guys to try out.

It's going to be fun!thanks so much for the info. see you there, Tom

Last Tango
08-31-2004, 01:06 PM
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT06/refresh/AL0604W5+GIF/311513W5.gif

remember we have a 48 hour cancellation requirement...

Bigbroadjumper
08-31-2004, 01:55 PM
I may have to cancel....980 miles each way for bad weather. I can stay home and have bad weather. What do you guy think?

Forrest
08-31-2004, 02:10 PM
I say watch it closely since every time they update the path they show the path moving northward. Hopefully it will keep moving north.

Forrest
08-31-2004, 02:23 PM
remember we have a 48 hour cancellation requirement...

CORRECTION: 72 hour cancellation requirment.

I just now talked with the good folks at Lakepoint and they said "technically" cancellation is by 5:00PM central time today for Friday arrival. They are aware of Frances situation, and said the will be flexible with their cancellation policy because of the circumstance. I say hang on. As of now, they still have no vacancies and no cancellations.

Emmo
08-31-2004, 02:31 PM
Frances, Schmances.....In the 6 years we have been doing this, we have never let a little rain :lightning stop us from having a great time! I'll be there if I have to use my boat to get down the highway. :beer:

Last Tango
08-31-2004, 02:33 PM
BBJ,
Forrest is correct about the movement and projections continuing to swing more and more northerly. I will update this thread tomorrow with the latest projections.
Something you may not be aware of is that the western side of Atlantic hurricanes are very weak. And Hurrincanes tend to suck all the other weather out of the area which means if it doesn't hit you you generally have totally GREAT weather on the western side. This was the case with Bonnie and Charley and Gaston in this area. No guarrantees, but that is the way it normally works.
Eastern Alabama/Western Georgia could very well have extremely NICE weather as the hurricane passes and for several days after. It just depends on where the hurricane makes landfall and its track at the time.
My personal concern is it is currently pointing right at Jacksonville, FL. My home. Going to Alabama will be a good thing if the hurricane wants to come here. I just don't want to abandon my home unless I feel comfortable doing it. I might even pack up both cars and the boat and come to Alabama to weather the storm out there at the hotel. The hotel is made of cast concrete. and is way up on the hillside. I might actually feel safer there. It's five hours away from Jacksonville. When Bonnie hit the panhandle we had great weather in Jax. When Charley hit south Florida we had two stunningly beautiful days (Charley really "sucked big" - hahaha) in Jacksonville.
Afternoon and evening showers are normal at this time of year regardless of the hurricanes. Lake Eufaula will whip up quickly and quiet down just as quickly. Lots of places to hide if you need to, or just run through it. They are just small cells that pass in a few minutes. And the lake is over 100 miles long above the dam, so a cell is only going to affect a very tiny spot.
I have a Bimini, much to the disgust of Cuda, but it was a real hit with the women last year when a storm cloud passed over. I went from an empty boat to me and five women, in just a few minutes. As Consumers Reports would say - "Judged a convenience."

Forrest
08-31-2004, 03:19 PM
The Supreme Seadog and LA Event Master Emmo have both spoken! Now, come one come all . . . you will attend and you will enjoy . . . that goes for you too, Bob.

David O
08-31-2004, 03:49 PM
as of 2:00 PM EDT 4 out of 5 models show it going in Florida.

Turning North???? Ahhh, I hope so.

http://www.weatherunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at200406_model.html

David O
08-31-2004, 05:16 PM
1 out of 5 now has it visiting Pensacola. uh oh!!

http://www.weatherunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at200406_model.html

Hurricane Frances Discussion Number 28

Statement as of 5:00 PM EDT on August 31, 2004

a reconnaissance plane just entered the eye of Frances. A drop
measured a minimum pressure of 940 mb...and an extrapolated
pressure of 938 mb with a peak wind of 144 knots at 700 mb. The
stepped frequency microwave radiometer...sfmr...on board of the
NOAA p-3 plane just measured 118 knots surface winds. High
resolution satellite images indicate that the cloud pattern has
improved since this morning...the eye remains large and distinct
and the outflow is excellent in all quadrants. T-numbers have
reached 6.5 on the Dvorak scale. Initial intensity has been
increased to 120 knots...making Frances a solid category four on
the Saffir/Simpson hurricane scale. Since the hurricane is already
this strong...some fluctuations in intensity are expected during
the next 3 to 4 days...and those fluctuations will be controlled in
part by eyewall replacement cycles. We will describe them as they
occur since there is no skill in forecasting such processes.
Nevertherless...Frances is expected to reach the U.S. Coast as a
major hurricane.

Satellite and reconnaissance fixes indicate that the hurricane is
moving toward the west or 280 degrees at 15 knots. As indicated
previously... during the the first 2 to 3 days...the hurricane will
be moving between the west and west-northwest steered by a strong
subtropical ridge. Thereafter...the intensity of the ridge varies
with the different models and the forecast becomes uncertain.
However...all models bring the hurricane toward the southeast coast
of the United States in tracks ranging from southern Florida
northward to the Carolinas....with a gradual decrease in forward
speed. The official forecast is close to the global model consensus
which...in fact...has shifted southward a little bit taking into
consideration the new NOGAPS and GFDN runs. The Florida State
University superensemble has also shifted a little bit southward.

Forecaster Avila

David O
08-31-2004, 05:24 PM
http://www.weatherunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at200406_climo.html

Speed-Racer
08-31-2004, 08:14 PM
Mark you can run in the rain if you ever put up you damn windshield... ;)

Remebering the stinging 50mph rain at Eufuala...

BigGrizzly
08-31-2004, 08:36 PM
BBj, Come on down, if it rains so what. As for travel if your tired you can bunk with us in Atlanta on the way down. Besides I have a right and left 23 solas I need to try on a twin application. I have also found a dealer willing to stick his neck out and stock some props. The problem is Everyone says they want one but mostly it is talk in public. When it is cash on the table they disapear, so finding someone to stock some was haed. I have been working on this project for over two years and it has finally come together. I may end selling them myself (not the test props). Bob common down You ow me a ride in your boat- remember?

Forrest
09-01-2004, 09:24 AM
We're going boating on beautiful Lake Eufaula this weekend and we're go to have a great time! :beer:

I figure on Saturday that we'll be out on the water most of the day, so for that reason, you guys should probably pack some lunch. There are some good restaurants near the Lakepoint, but very little in the way of eats on the lake. As always we will be doing the traditional Eufaula BBQ cook out Sunday afternoon. I'll be getting a head count Friday evening once we get there and figure how much to buy.

See your guys at Eufaula 6 !!!

* * * NOTICE * * *
If anyone has an extra room that they don't need please let me know here or call me at 850-508-0011.

Last Tango
09-01-2004, 10:19 AM
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT06/refresh/AL0604W5+GIF/311513W5.gif

Emmo
09-01-2004, 11:21 AM
Forecast for Eufaula (http://www.srh.noaa.gov/data/forecasts/ALZ050.php?warncounty=ALC005&city=Eufaula)

:beer:

Bigbroadjumper
09-01-2004, 11:55 AM
Sorry guys, I will have to take a rain check this time. Grizz maybe we could do something in Atlanta later this fall.
Sorry but good luck.

Last Tango
09-01-2004, 12:25 PM
You have probably made a very good decision. We would love to have you try again for Sarasota or Palatka or any other SEADOG event.

Forrest
09-01-2004, 01:33 PM
Lakepoint is still sold out. All of the rooms that were canceled yesterday and today for Friday/Saturdayhave been re-sold to others. I'm still looking for another room. If you do plan on canceling, please contact me first be canceling. If you cancel, it will go to the next person on their waiting list. I have another group trying to attend Eufaula 6 but can't get a room.

Forrest

Last Tango
09-02-2004, 04:32 PM
Looking better all the time for this weekends event.
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT06/refresh/AL0604W5+GIF/022053W5.gif

David O
09-02-2004, 05:03 PM
Newest problem developing is, Lakepoint is getting calls from people evacuating for the storm. So far they have had more people cancel rooms then have called looking for rooms so not a problem. They have two rooms available right now but they assume starting tomorrow they will fill up and the phone lines will be quite busy with those looking for rooms.
I have volunteered to give my room up and bunk with someone else if willing and if not I will gladly head home after boating saturday and someone in need may have my room. I can boat anyday.
They said they will keep us posted so that any of us willing to share a room may do so and free up some for those in need.
Let's all keep this in mind and not be greedy especially at a time like this.
David O

Donzi Racer
09-03-2004, 01:44 AM
we arrived at the resort at 1 am friday. The parking lot is about empty and not a donzi in sight. have I got the right place? guess the place will fill up tomorrow. been driving for 2 days to get here. now for some sleep.

Last Tango
09-03-2004, 06:55 AM
The "locals" will arrive today. Some early, some late. Usually the the "out-of-towners" are the first to arrive since they took off from work to get there.
Forecast is excellent for the next three days. Frances is slowing down more and more. Won't get to North Florida until Monday. That gives you the best days to enjoy the lake and river. If you go out alone for the first time today, STAY BETWEEN THE CHANNEL MARKERS AT ALL TIMES. Don't cut ANY corners. The lake is man made so there are plenty of tree stumps just below the surface outside the channel markers. The channel is very comfortably wide in most areas on the lake, but zigs and zags as it winds around the hills underneath. The few bridges are all no wake zones. Watch the signs. As you leave the marina the channel is very curvy, once out on the open water the lake is to the south and actually is on the other side of the causeway. Go under the bridges to the south, stay in the channel, and it will eventually open out to the main lake area.
When you first leave the boat ramp area and go around the breakwall, you'll be tempted to go under a bridge to follow the other boats. Resist that temptation. They are fishing boats headed into a shallow lake. Just go along the breakwall and you will see the channel to the lakes. Slow speed along the breakwall. Read the signs.
Awesome weather today. Boat safely until we get there. (And then AFTER we get there, too).

Donzi Racer
09-04-2004, 06:11 PM
Well now there are Donzi's in the parking lot. Great weather and lets see there are 2 early 18 2+3 barrel backs, 2 22ft. classics, a blackhawk, a criterion, a sweet X-18 and a mile & 1/2 long magnum. Fun Fun Fun check out the pics if I can get them posted. Tom

Donzi Racer
09-04-2004, 06:15 PM
More pics from Eufaula. Definately better than south of here. Hope you guys are ok, Tom

Donzi Racer
09-04-2004, 06:20 PM
Enjoying the wet stuff.

Cuda
09-04-2004, 06:25 PM
Nice! Keep them coming! Who owns the yellow X?

Donzi Racer
09-04-2004, 07:10 PM
Nice! Keep them coming! Who owns the yellow X?I saw somewhere that you were into the yellow boats. They are normally my least favorite color but I will tell you that this X-18 is absolutely great. Brand new chevy motor and everything shines like a new penny.
How are you and george doing down there? We know you would rather be here.Here are a few more pics. Tom

gcarter
09-04-2004, 08:19 PM
:lightning Tom, finally getting a little windy (and I mean a little, no more than 20 mph) and a little sprinkle. A lot of fast moving low lying clowds.

Donzi Racer
09-04-2004, 08:26 PM
Well it's nighty night time here. Can you tell I like 18's? Cuda, I am terrible with names but will find out whose X-18 that is. Hopefully more action tomorrow. Tom

ToonaFish
09-04-2004, 08:27 PM
The hot yellow X18 is David O's ride, if I am not mistaken.

(You did a fantastic job of airbrushing out the tow lines!)

Bunches,

Celene 'green with envy and rednosed with a headcold'

Donzi Racer
09-04-2004, 08:34 PM
:lightning Tom, finally getting a little windy (and I mean a little, no more than 20 mph) and a little sprinkle. A lot of fast moving low lying clowds.Glad to hear ya'll are ok. That is a weird storm. By the time it is thru, the weather guys won't have anything to talk about.Like now they are going over and over the same things. Hunker down and all of our best to you and yours.
By the way don't you want to do some more painting when I get this beast back down there?Just the deck, I'll do the stripe. huh huh huh? Hoping to be home soon. Tom

BigGrizzly
09-06-2004, 05:08 PM
The weekend was great. DavidO likes Solas props. Bob there wasn't a drop of rain, sorry you missed the prop testing. anyway a great weekend.

boldts
09-06-2004, 07:05 PM
Nice pics Tom. Thanks a ton! That white and red 18 barrelback looks fantastic! I know the yellow one is Emmos, but who owns the other one? Glad everyone had a great weekend at Eufala. Hope to be able to return one day.

Bad-Tat
09-06-2004, 07:25 PM
Great weekend at Lake E this year. Perfect weather. Hope all of you in Fl are doing ok with all that extra water. The bright yellow X is David O's and we didn't need any rope!!

Donzi Racer
09-07-2004, 12:04 AM
Nice pics Tom. Thanks a ton! That white and red 18 barrelback looks fantastic! I know the yellow one is Emmos, but who owns the other one? Glad everyone had a great weekend at Eufala. Hope to be able to return one day. Hey Scott, thanks for the kind words. The white and red barrel back is the one from illinois that was on ebay. The owner brought it to mobile and I picked it up on thursday afternoon and headed to eufala to try it out. The pics made it look good but the top needs some freshening up. It comes with a very tricked out 302 motor and believe it or not a Bravo outdrive with trim. Supposedly lots of HP, but we will see. Plan on getting it spiffed up a bit and bringing it to Sarasota. Had a very nice time at our first Donzi event, Tom & Rose

David O
09-07-2004, 08:23 AM
For all those that missed it, you really missed it.
Could not have been a better weekend, great people, great boats, great weather and 86.4 GPS in a Donzi, what a ride that was.

Note to Toona: Quote form Bad - Tat
The bright yellow X is David O's and we didn't need any rope!!

We probably ran in the neighborhood of 150 miles in two days and no one needed a tow rope. We only had two minor problems, one spun prop at 80.5 GPS and one kill switch go bad, two simple fixes.

ToonaFish
09-07-2004, 09:23 AM
Oh, that's right, it wasn't held in Pensacola proper. No tow ropes necessary!

Totally bummed that I missed what sounds like a fantastic time!

Bunches,

Celene 'achoo' Howard

Last Tango
09-07-2004, 10:02 AM
Very glad to hear the event went off without a hitch. No damage at my house, but things not so good elsewhere around me. Schools still closed, several hundred thousand still without power up here (us included), skeleton crew here at the office today. Not as bad damage-wise as Palm Beach and the rest of south Florida. Still lots of problems for the electrical folks to sort out. A big tree took out the power lines and two poles in my neighborhood. It will be a while untill they work that one out. Tidyed up the yard yesterday and then cruised the neighborhoods around me to gawk at what we were lucky enough to have missed at our house. Lots of little tornadoes on Saturday and Sunday ripped things pretty good, but nobody hurt. Lots more rain still hitting today. In fact yesterday was slightly better weather than today, so far. STILL getting the outer bands.
Happy to see the event had sunshine and mild wind for the weekend. I could see it was going to be nice until late yesterday. I really wished I could have been there. The boat was all ready to go. But things here at home were far more pressing, and Nancy and I needed to be here.
And when they finally get the power on this week, we get to prepare for IVAN. I haven't unpacked anything, Just going to stay in the same mode until after IVAN passes.
See you all in Sarasota!

David O
09-07-2004, 12:29 PM
Oh, that's right, it wasn't held in Pensacola proper. No tow ropes necessary!

Clearly Celene you and I have to get something straightened out between us.

I have never been towed in Pensacola, only in Eufalua, 2001 and Mt Dora, 2004. (the other 3 years the boat was not running)

ToonaFish
09-07-2004, 08:09 PM
Clearly Celene you and I have to get something straightened out between us.

I have never been towed in Pensacola, only in Eufalua, 2001 and Mt Dora, 2004. (the other 3 years the boat was not running)

Let's see. 4 days of being towed outside Pensacola versus 1095 days of the only possible movement being with a tow rope inside Pensacola.

Pensacola wins.

Bunches,

Celene 'fever down to 100.3, nothing is straight'

Forrest
09-08-2004, 01:49 PM
Sorry that we had to bail on you guys Sunday. Those pesky hurricanes in Florida you know. By the the time Frances passed through Tallahassee it was a tropical storm. Few down trees in the neighbor hood, a number of tree crushed cars, and a few crushed houses. Oh well, at least we got a chance to stop at the world famous Blakely Chicken on the way back. :biggrin:

Cuda
09-08-2004, 05:49 PM
Sorry that we had to bail on you guys Sunday. Those pesky hurricanes in Florida you know. By the the time Frances passed through Tallahassee it was a tropical storm. Few down trees in the neighbor hood, a number of tree crushed cars, and a few crushed houses. Oh well, at least we got a chance to hit Blakely Chicken on the way back.

Forrest, I've worried about your place every since I saw where Francis was headed, and I knew you were in Eufala. Glad to hear you came out ok.