PDA

View Full Version : The "dilemma"

Koenig
05-28-2004, 12:01 PM
I'm receiving another company vehicle and stuck between two.

The problem is that we are a public company so shareholders must be concidered, along with potential investors. The latter require fairly large passenger room comfort but we can't look like we are spending money like drunk sailors. Since we are a "merchant" bank our diverse projects include mining properties in Washington State, 600 acres of offroad touring investers around making 4X4 a must.

One of my personal vehicles is a Lincoln Navigator. I was at the dealer for oil change and they have a big sale.

Deal one: 2004: Lincoln Aviator fully loaded. Since I'm a "loyal" customer they will sell any vehicle at dealer invoice to me, plus I get extra cash back. Since I had an Excursion financed via Ford credit and owning a Navigator I can combine "cash" back offer's that I have for owning those. This will bring down the price to around $32,900 includeing tax.

Deal two: Yukon XL Denali, also fully loaded. I used my cash back incentives with Ford as a bargaining chip. So with their offer I can get it for tad over $43,000 with zero money down.

The "dilemma" is both vehicles are nice, but wich has less shock value when you pull up to the annual meeting or pick up a potential investor at the airport? With zero percent financing the monthly payments on either will be affordable. What should I buy? Real bad dilemma to have, aint it? :)

1996Z15
05-28-2004, 12:16 PM
If it were up to me I would buy the Denali, I think they look better (personal preference) and they might not be considered as "flashy" as a Navigator. You probably can't lose either way.

ChromeGorilla
05-28-2004, 12:42 PM
No contest! The Aviator is nothng more than a Ford Explorer with leather and a big price tag.

The Aviator is pretty small on the inside if ya ask me.
The back seat is very cramped. 30k plus for an explorer? Not me. You will definately have more room for passengers with the Yukon.

Buy the better vehicle. You'll definately get more for your 40k with the Denali XL than you will with the Aviator for 30K.

Just my 2 cents worth.

BUIZILLA
05-28-2004, 12:55 PM
I almost bought an Aviator myself. The interior is the same size as an Exploder, MUCH less space than a Navigator. I was impressed overall with the Aviator power and AWD configuration.

Sooooooooooooooooo, the Navi and Denali are a toss-up. the 6.0 Denali is a NICE piece, and at 43k a decent discounted price. Resale... the Navi will dive like a rock in the ocean, but so will the Denali, however not as much. Lincoln's have always had poor resale, no matter which platform, or how good a vehicle it was. Matter of preference I guess. I just like the creature features of the Navi better.

J :wavey:

ChromeGorilla
05-28-2004, 01:05 PM
Am I reading this wrong? I thought the 2 choices were

1. Lincoln Aviator
2. Yukon Denali XL

Koenig
05-28-2004, 01:24 PM
Am I reading this wrong? I thought the 2 choices were

1. Lincoln Aviator
2. Yukon Denali XL
Correct. Allready have a Navigator. The only reason I'm considering the Aviator is it's smaller and finding parking for my Seattle/Vancouver trips is alot easier. Excursion sometimes took upwards of an hour just to find garage/street/lot that it would fit safely in. Hence why I sold it. Higher resale value I'm thinking Denali is more popular and I pile on the miles. Excursion bought new in feb. 02 by me, company made the payments. Sold it this may just rolling on 100,000. Trying to decide by lunch time on either of the two, cause I can take delivery tonight and have it for the weekend.

Last Tango
05-28-2004, 02:09 PM
Forget the pachyderms - get an Audi A6 Quattro, conservative luxury, AWD, leg room for 5, plenty of room in the trunk for a foursomes worth of golf gear, and one heck of a lot better gas mileage. No one will accuse you of wasting company assets or natural resources.
JMHO

gcarter
05-28-2004, 02:28 PM
My wife are in business together. we each drive about 50,000 miles/year. Because we're a sole proprieter, pennies are important. I personally NEVER buy new, too big a hit that first year. So I usually try to wrangle a trip to the auction, or find a vehicle at below wholesale. For instance, because of the greater depreciation, Navigators can be had for about $20K. I would rather save that difference for other business related things.
My $0.02.
George

BUIZILLA
05-28-2004, 02:38 PM
Or you can get a 4.2 V8 Touareg like I have, that will pull like no tomorrow....

J :hyper: