PDA

View Full Version : Weight of a 16 Ski Sporter?

Magicallbill
05-27-2004, 05:11 AM
Looks like you all had a good time at AOTH from the looks of the shots. I've mentioned to Scott Boldt about a mini-fall trip down there. If anyone's interested, it's really good down there in Sept.
Anyway, my question: What's the weight on a 16 Ski Sporter? As mine is being re-enforced and put back together, I want to keep the weight somewhere close to original if possible, but I have no brochures or info to tell me.
Also, with the Volvo 250 and a 342(bored-out 302) putting out approx 260-280 PSH what can I look for in the speed dept? I've read some of you all's speeds in other posts, and I'm curious as to your take on mine.
I'm not sure about the prop. Scott, maybe you remember what Jerry had on there. I gave my mechanic all your prop suggestions that you guys gave me earlier on. We'll test it with the prop that's there, and try others if necessary.
I'm way excited about this and my son's boat. My payment book will be as thick as a dictionary, but you know what? That's okay for boats like these.
Thanks, Bill

mattyboy
05-27-2004, 08:24 AM
Bill,
I have the same setup with a 351w volvo 250 combo with approx 300 hp engine my top end is around 55 before pucker factor :eek: turning a spinelli 14.5 X 21 ss at 5000rpm 1.62:1 ratio
mainly due to the prop giving to much stern lift, with the right prop , right drive angle, tabs and weight distribution high 50 low 60's should not be a stretch.
i seem to remember 1500lbs as the figure but was that rigged or unrigged I don't recall I know mine is alot heavier with me in it :tongue:

Matty

MOP
05-27-2004, 08:52 AM
Hi you can find the specs below.

Phil

http://www.donzimarine.com/DonziWebsite/Site/Boats/Classic/16classic/16cpage.html

mattyboy
05-27-2004, 11:02 AM
this is the link I remember I would assume the 1500lbs is rigged being the OB is lighter???
this will link should answer alot of your questions

http://www.donzi.net/dlist/skisporter/skisporterindex.htm

Matty

Magicallbill
05-28-2004, 02:38 AM
Matt&MOP,
Thanks for the feedback; You were right, 1500 seems to be the number. I would think that's w/o engine as the new 16's are 2600 or so.
I could write a book about what I don't know on Donzi re-building, so all your feedback is appreciated.
The boats should be done in July. I'll get pic's to ya'll when they are,
Bill