PDA

View Full Version : Hornet II on Ebay

pmreed
05-26-2004, 09:36 PM
Here's a Hornet II that looks pretty decent.
Hornet II on Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31271&item=2480198601&rd=1)
And the price is more than reasonable. If I was closer, I might consider adding this one to my stable. Somebody in the area ought to take a close look at this one.

Phil

Tony
05-26-2004, 09:58 PM
Nice looking...I wonder what year it is?
Is it me or do the thru-hull exhaust outlets look quite low?

Scott Pearson
05-27-2004, 04:26 AM
Something very weird about this boat and the seller. It was up for sale on Ebay last year and I contacted the owner and got more pictures. It sold......Now it up for sale again. I dont get it.

(NJ)Scott

Lenny
05-27-2004, 11:15 AM
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/2/6/70861326.htm

I wondered this a couple of weeks ago. Did anyone ever look at it? 1967 means it could have been doesn't it?

Scott Heidt
05-27-2004, 01:30 PM
Wow what memories!

My boat looked just like that one except for the color and the fact that it is missing the trade mark flush mount bow light.
That struck me as wierd. Maybe this is an early model or it was ordered without the flush mount bow light.

Mine is an '81 Hornet II.

I took off the windshield because it was damaged beyond repair. I took out the bench seat and frame, which reduced the weight by about 150 LBS!, and made it a 2 + 3 config. I removed the pading around the dash and replaced the tired old dash with a new one. I took out the old and tired flush mount spot light in the bow and replaced it with a modern flush mount nav light.

I took out the old thru haul exhuasts and pluged up the holes, and installed 4" thru haul exhaustes raised up allot higher with some Stainless Marine manifolds! As you can see in the pics. those exhuasts are way low for my taste. Plus all that crappy hardware had to go! Clutter Clutter Clutter.

What makes the Hornet II special is that the stern rides allot higher than most of the classic Donzis and In my opinion has some of the most beautiful lines of any Donzi. It is hard to see that in the pics.

I think that if you could pick it up for $4,500 barring any structural issues. It would be a nice buy. I chose to modernize mine, which would probably be a sin to some, but I like a mix of the modern and the classic look. The element worked well on my project. There are a couple pics of my boat in the Events and Gatherings Section Mount Dora.

If someone buys it let me know. I like to follow the Hornets!

Scott Pearson
05-28-2004, 05:22 AM
Lenny,
The one on Boat Trader is "The Sting". Yes its a bench seat Hornet.

Boat is all there but needs to be restored

(NJ)Scott