PDA

View Full Version : 1979 18' Donzi Classic

boldts
05-26-2004, 07:38 PM
Dad saw this Donzi for sale on his way home from work. I do not know the owner, but thought someone might be interested.

1985 trailer with new tires
260 SB Chevy with Mercruiser drive
1-740-739-2111
Asking $6,900

boldts
05-27-2004, 10:08 AM
A few more. Dad forgot one of the most important things I know you all like to see and that is the engine. If I go out to the house this weekend, I'll see if I can get a few more pictures to add to this listing.

Koenig
05-27-2004, 11:13 AM
Bumping so I remember to re-check this listing. I'll be kinda near OH around the end of July.

Lenny
05-27-2004, 04:29 PM
Original gel Scotty ??? hmmmm...

boldts
05-27-2004, 09:09 PM
Lenny,

I'll check it out this weekend for you. Try to get a few more pictures also. I don't know if dad talked to the owner or just took the pictures. Amazing what's in your own back yard. I don't recall ever seeing the boat on the lake, but maybe our paths just never crossed.

Andy McCarty
05-28-2004, 09:53 AM
Is that a good price for that boat. i dont know anything about the classics as far as price. a buddy and i want a project boat. something to tinker with in the winter maybe a 2-3 yr project. Looking for 16 or 18. but not sure what is fair pricing for either.:rolleyes:

EricG
05-28-2004, 10:50 AM
I think that is a pretty fair price for a decent 18 of that vintage. Especially since it is merc powered (trim is good :biggrin.: ).

I paid a similar price for a '76 recently that is way cleaner than I could have imagined for a boat that old, but according to at least 1 other board member I STOLE it :biggrin.:.

I've been watching the lower end of the 18 market pretty closely for awhile now - and it seems like it's getting harder and harder to find them under $10,000 unless they are basket cases. Then again, even though a lot of them are listed in the 10-15k range, I don't know what they eventually sell for.

Just my $.02...

-EG

-BTW - had I not made the purchase I did, I'm pretty sure I would have been pestering Mr. Boldts to go check it out for me....

Koenig
05-28-2004, 11:21 AM
-BTW - had I not made the purchase I did, I'm pretty sure I would have been pestering Mr. Boldts to go check it out for me....
Around here in Cougar country! :cool: The lowest price and rarely see forsale classic I've found was $9,500. think it was a 1985/6 about two summers ago near lake Chelan.

The seller might be motivated and therefore it's hard not to be pestering Mr. Boldts. He's just lucky that I have no time to alter my tight travel schedule and the purchase's I'm making in the next month make even spending an extra $6,000 hard to justify!