PDA

View Full Version : My AOTH experience

TuxedoPk
05-26-2004, 12:36 AM
Things I learned at AOTH:

-Take a bunch of people who stay up late at night flaming each other, add alcohol in a dry county, great Donzis and nice weather and they are the nicest group of people anyone could ever meet.

-My fuel guage is properly calibrated. When the arrow points to E I am out of fuel:) Don't trust gas station fill capacity sensors.

-Running out of fuel is a good thing if it means getting towed by Bandit and his family and friends by house boat.

-I want Bill's El Pesc. What a great time I had riding with Bill on that amazing boat.

-The Black Widow never did anything for me until I got to run WOT in Bandit's. I've got to stop finding new Donzi models that I like before my back yard looks like Poodle's.

-Texans can cook real good! Just what is 'critter anyhow?

-Boomers can out drink and stay up later than Gen Xers

-How easy it is to jump start my Donzi with a screwdriver

-KY is a beautiful state with great people.

-The web pictures don't do the Donzi girls justice...

-It only takes 24 hours to regain your hearing after tying up next to Ranman's stereo

-Lenny's damn good with wood as well as fiberglass

-There be some steep hills to tow between NY and KY.

-There was a 20 cent/gallon swing in gas prices between states. Fuel up in PA, avoid Maryland

-Forget about running for office after having your picture taken in full Apache head gear

-Jill's ability to find stuff is amazing

- I hope that many of the new friends I made at AOTH will be attending Lake George, 1000 Islands, and Winni.

-It's much easier to tow your boat and enjoy an event like AOTH than to do all of the work to make it a successs. Thanks again Scott and everyone who helped out- I had one of my most enjoyable weekeneds because of your efforts.

Bandit
05-27-2004, 04:26 PM
Tux,

My group enjoyed meeting you. I'm sure us imported hillbillies gave you a few laughs and stories to take back to NY. Or as you kept putting it....they're not going to believe this...

Let me know ahead of time if you make it back down to rent a houseboat and we'll try to meet up.