PDA

View Full Version : New guy..

Andy McCarty
05-25-2004, 09:37 AM
Hey guys i am new to the forum and just wanted to say hello. I have just purchased a 88 Z25. I have alway loved the lines of Donzi. I try to read the post in the mornings. I posted a post the other day and havent been able to find it to see if i had any reponses. So i will re post. I am looking for a few parts for my Z. Behind the engine vents there are black plexi glass pieces. i need drivers (starboar) side. I also need the little light on the stern above the swim platform. I also met a nice guy from i believe South Carolina at Jamestown marina this saturday. He had totally rebuilt a 86 Z25 and was wondering if any of you knew him. If you can help in any way please let me know. He has done alot of work to his Z that i would like to do. Thanks in advance for all your help...:splat:

wytmike
05-25-2004, 01:11 PM
Andy,

Congratulations. I posted on you other post but you must have missed it. I own a 86 Z25. Geat boats. Unfortunately very few parts are still available for them. I recently replaced the eybrows on the rear. Had to have them made a local plastic shop using the old ones as a templet. Wasn't very expensive. As for the light you might want to try Perko. Good luck.

Mike

Ranman
05-25-2004, 02:12 PM
Welcome Andy. Are you the one I met with the sweet red anodized witch panel?

zzrhino
05-25-2004, 03:04 PM
Hi andy Im the guy you met at jamestown marina I have the red 86 z25 my name is chuck and wife geri and family .That was are first donzi outing and we had a great time and truly met some wonderful people living the lifestyle.. I have put some time into my boat and the people on the regis. have really helped me there is someone else that knows the z25 donzigo has helped me and anwser alot of my questions.please feel free to ask ill do my best to help you out. chuck smith ZZRHINO :rlol:

Andy McCarty
05-25-2004, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the replies WYTMIKE, RANMAN, ZZRHINO. I am excited about the Z i will have it back from the shop this week and look forward to spit shinning her. She need some TLC. ZZ your boat has inspired me to polish polish polish. I love the lines of the Z. I will probably be bothering you alot since i think you have been through your boat the way i want to go through mine. Also if there is anyone else that has been through a Z25 i would like to pick your brain also. probably be a 2 year project. I really want to clean it up and use it this season and do alot of work this fall and winter. ZZ i have already contacted team marine and going to send them a picture of the instrument and switch panel and definetely get that done this fall. Anything els anyone thinks i might need to look for please let me know i want to fix what would be the worst problems first. Thanks again for your replies.:outtahere

Ranman
05-25-2004, 04:01 PM
Ah, ZZ, you're the one with the trick switch panel. I was the one running the 18 with the stereo. I think you're lady offered me a sandwich. :D I understand you're planning on coming to the Michigan MADCOW event, right?

TMANN
05-25-2004, 04:58 PM
Welcome to the board and DONZI... You found the right place to ask questions thats for sure. :)

TMANN

zzrhino
05-25-2004, 08:46 PM
Andy very important item (gas tank) ck it if its a 88 its getting close . its not that bad of a project in all it ran around 1800 and change. RANMAN that was my dash i had it done at team marine all they do is dash and instrum. send every thing intach with clips on wire. will send you back your dash you created either radical or orig.quick service too (teammarine.com)or call kevin 608 525 8326 will see you at madcow zzrhino :wavey:

Team Jefe
05-26-2004, 02:53 AM
Welcome Aboard Andy. Good luck with your obsession....I mean boat. :biggrin.:

Andy McCarty
05-26-2004, 08:26 AM
ZZ is the gas tank switch a do it yourselfer? and also how can you tell if it is rusting? This info i am giving you is hear say from past owner. The boat has in the last 5 years has never been stored in the water and the owner before that stored it in dry dock its whole life he had it. if the boat has never been left in the water to be able to have continous water in the hull do you think it still needs to be replaced? how can you tell if rusting or getting bad? Also on your floor carpet did you have that custom made? and i Love your seats what are they out of or was that original for 86. miine are the originals and i am a fairly good size man and the arm rests squeeze me a little. (butter up the fat man):yes: I hope you dont mind telling all your secrets because i really like all aspect of your boat. as soon as i get mine cleaned up a little i will get some pictures and maybe you can see if there is anything i might be missing and need to work on. Thanks again for your help.

zzrhino
05-27-2004, 08:31 AM
andy i could tell when my tank went bad because of leaking or smelling of fumes if you dont have either leave it alone.i have differnt front seats then you in 86 they had power high back buckets along with differnt windshield.I did help redesighn my interior from other donzi boats,and just had custom carpet put in (snap in & out) the summers down in myrtle beach will fry your feet. :kaioken: goodluck pace your self the wallet gets thin quick (my wife will tell ya) ha ha chuck ZZrhino :bonk:

Andy McCarty
05-27-2004, 02:16 PM
ZZ Thanks foryour relpies. I am going to start with the small stuff first and work my way up. unless very important to do. I am going to look for a carpet that matches and have that made before it gets too hot. then just start doing things as they need it or as i want to change. the good thing is is the Donzi will never be too old and everyone recognizes them. I will be getting with you and seeking information soon im sure. My wife already sees how obsesive i am getting with it.:p

Cuda
05-27-2004, 11:06 PM
As was pointed out, Donzigo is the resident expert on the Z25. His was wiped out by a storm, and he completely rebuilt the boat. Contact him at donzi.go@verizon.net. His name is Richard.

Andy McCarty
05-28-2004, 08:05 AM
Thanks Cuda i appreciate the email address. He wont mind if i pick his brain will he. I know ZZ has offered is mind and knoewledge. Everyone have a wonderful weekend. I heading down to beautiful Lake Cumberland. That is my home lake. i cant wait until next year to be able to meet all of you personally. What other events are close to me. Unfortunately i only have a Yard type trailer. eventually i would like to get a nice trailer to be able to attend some other events. If anyone knows of a decent trailer at a GREAT price let me know. Everyone have a fun and SAFE weekend....:boat: :boat: :anchor: :outtahere

Cuda
05-28-2004, 08:18 AM
Trust me, Richard won't mind. He will talk Donzi with you for hours on end. :smile:

Fish boy
05-28-2004, 09:17 AM
Hey Andy,
welcome to the registry. THe z-25 is one of my favorites! Great boat! Good luck, and I second what Cuda said about richard, he has forgotten more about the z-25 than most people will ever know and loves to talk boats.

Fish