PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else this soggy?

Tony
05-24-2004, 09:23 PM
Lansing, Michigan has already set a rainfall record for May.

We've had 9.5" so far, the old record was 8".

Good for lake levels, bad for farmers.

DONZI
05-25-2004, 06:08 AM
Yes :frown: :umbrella:

Audiofn
05-25-2004, 06:23 AM
I can not remember the last time I saw the sun and they are saying that tell next Tuesday we will have rain (and that is just because that is as far as they forcast.... :( ) I have about had it with the rain!!!!!

Jon

roadtrip se
05-25-2004, 08:36 AM
My little duck pond in the back yard has become a good-sized,
menacing swamp.

The woods looks like a jungle and they appear to be eating the squirrels. I thought we were supposed to have a million cicadas from Brood X arrive, but they must have all drowned.

The grass is growing like ten inches per day. The John Deere will get a test when I finally get a chance to get out there. When I do get out there, I will come back with some new skin malady. Latest excitement, poison ivy.

I hear Lake St. Clair is up over half a foot. Might get to enjoy it if the lightning ever stops.

If this doesn't wrap up pretty quick, I'm going back to Cumberland! My eyes didn't know how to react to all of that sunshine!

Todd
"Thinking about launching the Donzi in the back yard!"

gcarter
05-25-2004, 09:00 AM
Ya'll could send some to Florida. We've received very little rain since March. Lawn is turning brown. When it doesn't rain, it is impossible to put enough water on the lawn to keep it green.

George

txtaz
05-25-2004, 10:28 AM
Sorry to hear about the delima in weather. For a change, we are just right (at the moment). Our Harley group went for a ride on Saturday and everything was nice and green. 2 years ago we had the 100 year flood. It's hard to believe the Texas "Hill Country" could flood. We are expecting to go dry and hot for the summer. So there goes the nice green scenery. Also, since we are expected to hang in the middle 90's most of the time, it looks like I will be IN the lake more than on it.
Best of luck to all.
Wes

RickSE
05-25-2004, 11:11 AM
We haven't had a drop of rain here in over two months and Lake Powell is down 116'. :bawling: The water in this picture used to be up to the level of the hotel on the right.