PDA

View Full Version : GEOO's AOTH Weekend

GEOO
05-24-2004, 08:09 PM
Another Old Tired Hull needed repainting. I spent the weekend Dusty, sanding and painting. I Sprayed on Interlux VC Performance Epoxy Bottom Coat. Made for Trailering or Bunk Storage.

And I even had my new electronics mounted for AOTH :bonk: Well next year.

Mr X
05-24-2004, 08:17 PM
GEOO,
looks GREAT!! Kinda souds like my AOTH weekend too :rolleyes:

ToonaFish
05-24-2004, 08:52 PM
See, I wasn't crazy, I knew that GEOO was supposed to be in Kentucky!

Bunches,

Celene 'bummed that she missed that ride'

MOP
05-24-2004, 11:03 PM
Lots of work but looks real good, quite a few of us trudging through one thing or another. Looking forward to seeing you wet!

Phil

boatpimp
05-27-2004, 01:31 PM
GEOO,
Tell me more about the VC epoxy bottom coat you're using. Does it finish glossy? I'm looking to freshen up my Old Tired Hull (bottom)!
Thanks,
Boatpimp.

GEOO
05-27-2004, 04:34 PM
VC Performance Epoxy

Product Details

Product Description

VC Performance Epoxy is a two-part Teflon® bearing epoxy that has a hard, slick finish ideal for use on the underwater surfaces of high performance powerboats and racing sailboats. Teflon® adds lubricity and eases wet sanding and burnishing.

VC Performance Epoxy's hard, stain-resistant finish is also ideal for rack-stored and trailered boats or boats that are kept in the water not requiring antifouling protection. VC Performance Epoxy has no antifouling or foul release properties.

Application Details - VC Performance Epoxy
Area Below water
Finish/Sheen Semi-gloss
Converter/Curing V128
Number of Coats: 3-4 as needed
Method of application: Brush / Roller / Airless Spray / Conventional Spray

.....VC Performance Epoxy is a two part Teflon® bearing epoxy that has a hard, slick finish ideal for use on the underwater surfaces of high performance powerboats and racing sailboats. Teflon adds lubricity and eases wet sanding and burnishing. VC Performance Epoxy's hard, stain-resistant finish is also ideal for rack-stored and trailered boats or boats that are kept in the water not requiring antifouling protection. VC Performance Epoxy has no antifouling or foul release properties

http://www.yachtpaint.com/usa/

Jerry Eisele
05-27-2004, 08:11 PM
Geoo. We really missed you at the AOTH. Your bottom looks great, but it sounds like a lot of work. See you next year.