PDA

View Full Version : Run in with the "Fuzz" today....

ChromeGorilla
05-24-2004, 11:49 AM
So while my buddy is out to sea he asked me to baby sit his
'04 Hyabusa for him. Not a prob, ride it once a week or so just to keep her fresh while Joe is gone. So today I'm southbound 95 mindin my own business at about 90 mph when some jabroni in a Z06 tries to start acting like he's the baddest mofo' in town.

He starts ridin my butt and flashing his high beams at me. Mind you I'm already doin 90 in the fast lane. So eventually he pisses me off enough so I'm a gonna put him in his place. So I gently merge right. I can here him get on it to pull even with me both doin 100 now. He rolls down window and flips me off and says some choice words.

So then he hammers it and I proceed to down shift smoke his a$$ and leave him in the distance......so now I'm rollin along bout 1?? (its a secret..not gonna tell you how stupid I was) and low and behold who's eatin lunch on the side of the road.....Johnny Law. I screwed. I'm goin to Jail. My insurance goin through the roof....yadda yadda yadda..

So as soon as I see him I know it's too late and I start to slow down and I pull over and get off the bike in the few minutes it took him to catch up. So as soon as he gets there he jumps out the cruiser and asks me "Are you f'n stupid? Huh? Son, let me tell you somethin, if you hadn't of stopped right here and waited, you're a$$ would bein goin to jail!"

Takes all paperwork goes to car. Comes back hands me evreything and points to me and says "Slow down and get the hell out of here."

OMG I was about to fill my drawers the whole time. So I do believe I win the luckiest bastard of the day award. Thank god Joe gets back from sea in a few days.......

Fish boy
05-24-2004, 12:03 PM
He must have recieved an emergency call.... "Calling all cars, Calling all cars, fresh batch of piping hot doughnuts at Krispy Kreme. Proceed immediately and apprehend while icing is still melting!" LOL

Glad things worked out well for ya.

Fish

Ed Donnelly
05-24-2004, 02:16 PM
The guy in the ZO6 was surely brain dead.
I ran my buddies 03 Hyabusa on the 400Hwy in my 72 Pantera, dynoed 475hp with a 250 hp M/M nox system.
We started at 80 m.p.h. I had a wonderful view of his back tire. I shut down at 140 m.p.h. Getting too old for these kind of speeds.......Ed

Mac
05-24-2004, 04:00 PM
Wish my story ended that way... Back in '95 I had a 1LE Camaro, a 1LE is a very rare package for Camaros that has special suspension, brakes, aluminum driveshaft, and no AC. Me and two of my friends in Corvettes were heading up 95 to NH to the drags on Wednesday night to run the cars, we are having fun traffic is light, 95 is 4 lanes wide so on several ocasions we line up, slow down to 50MPH and then take of to 120+. We come over a rise in Newbury just before the state police barracks and who is sitting on the side of the road but a statey. No problem we think we were doing the speed limit at the time. He pulls out behind us and pulls us over, we pull over and nothing happens, 5 minutes go by, my friend get's out of his vette and starts walking to the police car, the statey comes on the PA and says get the @#$%^ back in your car you think this is a @#$%^ party!! Another 5 minutes go by, an old Bronco pulls up all crazy behind the statey, it was another officer, not sure from where, on his way home from work, we had gone by him at what he wrote up as 120MPH. Then for good measures he tacked on driving in the breakdown lane and following to close. The total ticket was like $1200. We all go the same one and it took about 2 hours. The second cop was all pissed like we had done something to him personally. We went on to the drags I pulled a 14.0 at 100 MPH. We had no choice but to fight the tickets as three moving violations in a year in MA and you lose your license for 60 days. The tickets had three on them. Went to court, they dropped everything but the speeding, the ticket was still around $700, the other stuff was BS anyway. A couple things I learned from this, the myth of automatically getting a driving to endanger if you are doing a certain MPH over the posted is BS, unless it is higher than 55MPH which I doubt, and you are way better off just giving the officer your license and registration than trying to explain anything. I know it was wrong and I got what I deserved but it sure was a headache at the time. I had a Hurricane 1000 a year or so after that, the bike showed me what fast was, I had it for about a year, had to get rid of it before I killed myself.

ChromeGorilla
05-24-2004, 04:56 PM
Yeah those fines sure can add up fast. LOL. I had a bike when I first joined the service and got rid of it for the same reason. I never wrecked it or got a tickect...hell it wasn't even that fast but disrcretion won out in that decision. Plus my wife(then girlfriend) was always scared when I rode....so I eventually got a Big Bore Yamaha GP 1200R waverunner with triple pipes......79 mph on radar :rlol: ......surely much safer

Fish boy
05-24-2004, 05:13 PM
so I eventually got a Big Bore Yamaha GP 1200R waverunner with triple pipes......79 mph on radar :rlol: ......surely much safer

Dude, you aint right ;)

rayjay
05-24-2004, 07:36 PM
Got a 140 ticket once back in the 60's. Tried to convince the Statie to give me two 70's instead, but he didn't buy it. Lucky for me, right after stopping his knees buckled getting out of his Turnpike Cruiser and he then literally collapsed on the hood of his car and left his lunch behind. Guess he was too embarrassed to take me in right then and there, so he just wrote up the 140 MPH ticket (most he could write as the Cruiser only had a speedo certified for up to 140). After getting my friend's Godfather (Captain of our County Police) to come with me to court as a Character Witness ("Sure,...I'll tell him you're a real character..."), the Judge gave me a fine and sent me to NJ's Driver Re-Training School after giving the poor young trooper a scolding for not taking me right in as how could he now throw the book at me if the Trooper didn't think what I was doing was bad enough to warrant being brought in when it happened.

Of course what happened at Driver Re-Training is another story...

Lucky me!! (that time...) :shades:

rayjay

ChromeGorilla
05-24-2004, 10:32 PM
OK, after these stories I am compelled to tell ya how fast I was goin....170.....although he only had me 159..I was slowin down.....Told my wife when she got home and was she pissed ! She made me give her the keys to the bike. lol She just went to bed as I'm typing this and she says "I hope those Donzi people tell you how stupid you are....yadda yadda yadda...blah blah blah.." Boy is she pissed! I know I was stpid :redface: . And I dont ever plan on ridin like that again. LMAO...she just yelled from bedroom..." And I'm tellin your mother too!"....at least I have cool story to tell at work tommorrow. :biggrin:

txtaz
05-25-2004, 03:10 AM
CG, You are stupid....Now you can tell your wife "those" Donzi people said so and maybe get back in her good graces.
170 on a bike is nuts. I once got a ticket doing 120 at 4am in Colorado after driving 22 hours in my Bemmer. The cop was really cool and only gave me a warning but said I would go to jail if I didn't stop in the next town and get a room. AND he followed me there.
Best of luck with the wife.

rayjay
05-25-2004, 07:57 AM
...170 on a bike is nuts.

Maybe so, but how can you go through life having missed the experience of passing through the 140 - 150 area on a bike where all the sound starts to stay behind you and it gets eerily quiet. :rlol:

Now that I am well over 50 and my synaptic response has slowed down I don't feel as comfortable at extremely high speeds like I did a few years ago (well okay, just "over" a few years ago...). But I still feel fine cruising at over 100. Someday I would like to get down to that old airport in Georgia and go over 200. That has always been a dream of mine.

Speed is a sensation that is relative to the time and place as well as what you are in or on. Our old flat bottom SS ski boat at 105 - 107 felt like the fastest I have ever gone on water and yet I have been well over that with a good pilot in a good boat.

rayjay :moped:

harbormaster
05-25-2004, 09:05 AM
I remember doing 135 on the 20 mile long I-10 bridge just west of New Orleans on my Honda CB1100F SuperSport. It had a Yoshimura kit and was freaking fast. Going that fast is really freakie.

rayjay
05-25-2004, 10:24 AM
I remember doing 135 on the 20 mile long I-10 bridge just west of New Orleans on my Honda CB1100F SuperSport. It had a Yoshimura kit and was freaking fast. Going that fast is really freakie.

Doing a little racing on the Pontchartrain Bridge were we Scott? I've been there for the late night "races" and 135 seems a little low for that bike. My stock but jetted 900F cleared a radared 141 so your kitted 1100F should have been faster. Come on now, fess up (LOL). :eek:

rayjay

ChromeGorilla
05-25-2004, 10:31 AM
It's funny how my little experiance has now opened the door for all these stories. We all have a little evil kneivel in us at some point in our lives. This thread is very entertaining. :rlol:

Koenig
05-25-2004, 01:13 PM
I failed to notice the decal on the side of a Camaro once at a stop light. Offcourse I could'nt allow a Camaro to take my 1988 928S4 off the light and accidently redlined every gear until the Camaro was safely behind in my rear-view. The Camaro guy follows me onto the highway and pulls along side and again my right foot plants down to the floor. This guy would'nt give up and I look at my speedo and it's almost run out of numbers! The speedo goes up to 180 mph and the factory claimed top speed is 171 mph. Suddenly the Camaro is in my review and the little red and blue flashers are going. So I pull over, remembering that the highway patrol just received Camaro's. The cop gave me a warning for going 71 in a 60 zone and the reason he pulled me over seems someone called in about a Porsche and Camaro racing on the freeway, he's got to go find them! :biggrin:

Koenig
05-25-2004, 01:22 PM
Oh, I should add that it was really early in the a.m. probably not have had a boy will be boy's cop if it was during normal hours!