PDA

View Full Version : Opinion about Ragazza 23 1988

Stephane
05-24-2004, 11:38 AM
Somebody can give the an opinion about a Ragazza 23 1988 with an OMC 350 260hp

I like to know more about the history of these model. Who was the designer ? What kind of performance thes boat can normally made ?

Can i consider these boat as a collector item. Is it a rejected boat or it can be consider as a Donzi heritage ?

All comments are welcome

Thanks

Stephane

mikev
05-24-2004, 12:20 PM
I have a 19' regazza and love it and get lots of compliments on it. it is very well built rides well in the rough water for its size and will run about 50 mph with a 4.3 v6.

doug hess
05-25-2004, 02:24 AM
The Ragazza's were introduced in 1987 to expand the Donzi market beyond the go fast set to the family or general class.

Ragazza is the Italian word for girl. Apparently the idea was to let the Buttafuko types know not to expect to much

Can send you, for postage costs, a copy of a 1987 magazine review and a B/W copy of 1989 Donzi literature for Ragazza's.

I have a 1988 Ragazza 25 and think they are a great express cruiser. Handle well, solid off shore construction, no strutural problems. Much better than a lot what I call the "floating RV" junk that is out there.

DougHess

SouthernExposure
05-25-2004, 09:12 AM
I have a 1989 23' Ragazza. She handles nicely. The boat seems to be built well.

Actually I'm curious as to how many Ragazza's are out there?

Well good luck with your Donzi.

SE

vgraham882
06-06-2004, 11:30 PM
Just bought a 1989 Ragazza. Took our first run the other day. We are on the Hudson in Catskill NY. Love the boat had 350 original hours on the motor. Getting a lot of comments about it. I too would like to know more history and where to get manual etc.

thestoragelot
06-07-2004, 08:15 AM
i have a 1988 25 ft ragazza too so far its been a good boat, rides well, and i get alot of compliments too its a very well built boat

onesubdrvr
05-24-2005, 07:30 PM
I have a 1988 Ragazza BR, It's a great boat, I love it!!

On the other hand, I'm thinking of getting rid of it for something a little faster :eek: !!

Anyways
We'll see 'ya on the water
Wayne
Founding member RBOA

Doug G
05-26-2005, 03:52 PM
We've got a 1988 23 also and love it. I've got the 5.7L/Alpha in it, and it runs low 40's with an aluminum 4 blade. With an aluminum 3 blade, ran around 53 or so. I know I have issues with the prop right now, I shouldn't lose 10 MPH with a 4 blade, but thats for another thread. We put a full canvas package on it, very comfortable for 2 to spend a night or two on the boat. Good luck with it!
Doug

larrycarlson
07-20-2009, 01:57 PM
I have the same boat as you do. Your's looks in better shape though. How much is original and how long have you owned it?

Denderwes
08-04-2009, 09:39 PM
Don't think you will have much luck on a reply. :shocking:This thread is a few years old!

pdaigle
09-17-2009, 01:23 PM
I have a Owner's Manual, if you want a copy, either write back or call me at 978-758-8268, Peter

I constantly get compliments, not a fast boat, but comfortable ride, approx. 40 mph.

Peter

Denderwes
10-02-2009, 10:47 AM
Can you send it in an e-mail?

pcrit
10-07-2009, 11:14 AM
Peter,

Do you still have a copy of the owner's manual please? I live in MA also on the south shore (Abington) and would happily pay for a copy if you don't mind. My cell phone is 617-312-5350 if it's easier.

MOP
10-07-2009, 05:03 PM
And today the Ragazza's rule!! There are several out my way well built good looking, they do have a bit more to offer than classic. As Bonnie would say beats wizzing in a bucket!

pcrit
10-08-2009, 07:23 AM
Peter,

It was great to talk with you yesterday and thanks so much for offering to help with the manuals and information you have. If there is anything I can do for you please don't hesitate to ask, my email is paulcrit@comcast.net. Thanks again!

Baz
01-28-2011, 01:13 PM
got a 21' cudy with a 5.7 260hp and am in love with it :bighug:

cometa88
02-28-2011, 11:37 PM
In my opinion its a great boat for the money. I,ve had mine 3 years. The hull is bullit proof. I hit a large rock in mine when i first got it. Shattered the outdrive but the hull was fine ecept a few scratches in the bottom paint. That said it is a very seaworthy boat. Not a speed freak but no slouch either. With a 5.7 I get low to mid 40,s. Not bad for a boat that weighs almost 6000 pounds. They track well in rough water which we get here on the gulf coast often in spring and fall. It does everthing. nice molded in swim platform, vee birth, and seats for six. Now the bad news. The interior plywood is a cheaper grade then the more expensive Donzis. Make sure to check the shelves in the cockpit and the floor in the closet. Also under the companion way the deck is blocked up and only attached with one layer of glass. After 23 years stuffs rattles loose. Most are easy fixes and just cosmetic really. Bottom line. A safe inexpensive family boat that looks awesome. Every time i pull in someone comments on how great she looks. Not bad for 3 to 9 grand.

Donzigo
03-02-2011, 09:01 AM
Very nice boat ............... congrats!

pdaigle
03-11-2011, 08:31 AM
I own a 1989 regazza 23', I have had it approx. 3 yrs. pd 11,000 for it, have approx. 22,000 into it and still have troubles w/it, now due to the snow damage, I need a new windshield and frame; problem w/the repair shop, is the windshield is unavailable, obviously, a co. in Florida is going to reproduce one but w.regards to the boat itself when it is running properly, it has an awesome hull design and it cuts thru the waves very well, depending how rough the water is, I have had numerous problems but they may all relate to the past history of the non-caring owners, otherwise I love the boat, physically it looks very nice inside and out I have been restoring a different part every year, in fact last year when on the lake in NH, the boater wh/was anchored next to us thought my boat was approx. 2-3 yrs old, I always get real nice comments, re: speed, approx. 42 mph, plenty of power fr. stop, slow to reach full speed, but once th is acheived, the boat cruises very nice, have never gotten wet from a splashing wave no matter how rough the water. If you have any other questions my email is pdaiglemsn@hotmail.com

Phil S
03-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Ragazza's are not for the faint of heart.....:shocking: :yes:

Phil S
03-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Oh wait, you were probably talking about boats, or Donzi's, or something like that..........sorry.

17' Ragazza owner....she's well-built, great lines and has nice curves, attracts attention, not a speed freak, likes it slow...but a bit faster than a tow-in, but that was before I replaced the gas-tank sending unit !! :bonk:

Solid construction, but it all depends on how it's been taken care of. Mine had soft spots in the deck floor (replaced), but underneath, she was as solid as "as new".

Great boat, but buyer beware, every one is cared for differently.

Phil S.

Dirty
03-13-2011, 08:27 AM
I'm very interested in your comment of repop windshield parts for the Ragazza. My 23 has cracks in the left corner shield section and I would like to replace it if possible.

donzigirl11
04-09-2011, 10:55 PM
I own the one pictured in the Registry for the 1988 Ragazza owned it since 2001. Great Boat. Handles well on the Hudson River. Have had minor mechanical repairs, get a lot of compliments. I love this Boat!