PDA

View Full Version : Got the boat wet today

Audiofn
05-23-2004, 09:46 PM
Put the boat in the water today to do some trailer work. We unfortunatly purchased all the wrong trailer stuff (I guessed at the store and guessed all wrong) Anyhow while the boat was in the water I just had to take it for a quick rip. Man this thing first off sits WAY low!!! Next it comes out of the hole more like the space shuttle then a boat. STRAITE up in the air and then back down. Pam was watching from the shore and she said WHAT DID YOU BUY ME :biggrin.: :biggrin.: She said that it looked like it hurt when the boat landed from the launch that I gave it. I DEFINATLY have some prop testing to do as the one that is on it makes the boat VERY swirly (sp) and it is NOT safe for her to drive. I will take one of the props off the big boat for next weekend and try that.

Jon

MOP
05-23-2004, 10:19 PM
Curious did you check to see if the drive was fully down? In the last photo it looks like the drive is trimmed way high, if you nailed it in that position that would make it stand on end. Did that on my 17 Formula scared the hell out of me, was in fairly shallow water way up a creek had to idle for about 15 minutes to get out. Yup forgot it was up!

Phil

EricG
05-23-2004, 10:23 PM
You know...in this picture, it looks like your classic has a lot more freeboard than a standard 18 - or maybe just a much deeper cockpit :biggrin: ;) ;)
http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3080

The boat looks great!

-EG

MOP
05-23-2004, 10:24 PM
Got to be sitting on the sole.

Audiofn
05-23-2004, 10:30 PM
LOL Ya I told the wife to take a picture while I was on the floor. I guess she did not get it :D:D

Jon

knots2u
05-24-2004, 02:55 AM
Imperial Blue :wink: