PDA

View Full Version : Towel Boy Has A Bigger P....mag!!

marcdups
05-23-2004, 06:55 PM
Hey ya'll, she is finally home after a brutal weekend, Poodle there is a lot more room in the 18, I can actually get in the engine compartment, :shocking: :shocking: , NOW FOR THE SHOCKING NEWS HERE IS DIANE WITH THE RUN DOWN OF EVENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey boys and girls! How was AOTH? We got our boat a weekend too late to attend, but will look forward to next year. I had never hear of "DONZI" before I met Marc (Towel Boy). This has got to be the sexiest boat I have ever seen in my life!! I'm sure you are asking, "how did you acquire this boat?" WEll, to start with the boat was a 4 1/2 hour drive away. There was miscommunication between the seller and ourselves in the meeting time, so we spent 1 1/2 hours in the sweltering 90+ degree heat waiting on the "baby" to arrive. We received a call from the Seller that he was behind schedule and would meet us at Boater's World. When we arrived, it was love at first sight. There was a SMALL problem with the picture. The trailer had rusted through, began to buckle and was seriously threatening to harm our "baby". We made a few calls and found a trailer which was ONLY 1 1/2 hours away from where we were. We decided to take the boat on a sea trial before making the trek to get the trailer. We launched her and OH BOY, was I really in love now! The sound was pheonominal!! She ran like a dream. We came back to the landing only to hear a fisherman scream, "You've caught my line!" We proceeded to shut down the engine and dock the boat. Towel Boy leaned over the back transom but there was no line attached to our boat. The line was apparently attached at the other end to a really large "fish" because when the line was freed what floated to the surface? A man. No really, a body came up out of the water. The sheriff's dept, fire, ems and coroner all showed up and did their thing. Meanwhile, we make the 3 hour round trip journey to get the trailer. We get back to the landing where the poor seller was loyally waiting by the "baby" guarding her until our return. He was a real trooper and we really appreciated all his help! We put her on her new trailer. She is home now and we tucked her in for her first night here. Hope to see all of you soon somewhere out on the water. Stay safe. Diane and Marc (Towel Boy).e

ChromeGorilla
05-23-2004, 07:06 PM
Lets see some pics! :biggrin.:

Mr X
05-23-2004, 07:08 PM
Marc, CONGRATS!!! Glad to see your back in the game.

Now post some pics :wink:

Ted

Fish boy
05-23-2004, 07:13 PM
COngratulations Marc and Diane! :) I hope the rest of yourt trips are not quite as eventful ;)

Speed-Racer
05-23-2004, 08:38 PM
Marc, gald to see your back....

Does the new boat have a screw-driver ignition? :p

-Brandon

MOP
05-23-2004, 09:47 PM
One of lifes great moments! Best of Donzi Daze, and yes some pic's.

Phil

EricG
05-23-2004, 10:18 PM
Congrats on the new boat....great Story. When you post pics, please just include the boat - I don't really need to see any of the body :eek!: :eek!:

-EG

TMANN
05-23-2004, 11:01 PM
All that and a Dead Guy. :eek: WOW... Sounds like a great boat.

TMANN

Forrest
05-24-2004, 08:11 AM
A dead body! Where in the hell do you guys go boating??? Congrats on the the Donzi though and be sure to drag it on down to Eufaula 6 this Labor Day weekend.

Scott Heidt
05-24-2004, 08:34 AM
Congrats on the new boat! Donzi buying road trips are fun. I also drove about 4 hours to get mine. You gotta do what you gotta do! :) It's all worth it! :alligator

marcdups
05-24-2004, 04:36 PM
Thanks guys, I will try and post pics, but no promises, Forrest Eufala is ON, any contact info on hotels yet??, now to the pics if I can get it right!!!! :beer:
:bawling: It is giving me a fatal error that I have exceeded the 360 sec limit????, help!!!, someone please help

marcdups
05-24-2004, 04:48 PM
Speed Racer, although the high performance OMC screwdriver is still around, I have yet to upgrade to that ignition method, but I believe I will get to it sooner or later, LOL. :uzi:

I do have a query though, what trim tab size do suit the 18 best, I had Bennets 9/12's on the 16 and they worked like a charm, but what about Lenco are they easier to install and what about reliability???

Last Tango
05-24-2004, 04:54 PM
Marc and Diane win the 2004 BRSotY Award (Boat Ramp Story of the Year)! They get a free SEADOGs T-shirt (if we have any left) when they get to Eufaula! Good Grief!. Did you two confer with Stephen King before you planned your trip? Do I hear banjos dueling in the background near the ramp? Lets see, middle of nowhere, very later arrival of the boat and seller, sway back broken down trailer, fisherman on the shoreline screaming at you, dead body on the fishing line. Man! This would make a great TV movie on SpikeTV!!!!
Glad you are back in the saddle again!

Forrest
05-25-2004, 09:12 AM
Eufaula 6 info is coming soon! It's on the Donzi calander (http://www.donzi.net/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=18&day=2004-9-3&c=1) and this year it will be at Lakepoint Resort State Park located just north of Eufaula, Alabama.

Speed-Racer
05-25-2004, 12:09 PM
Marc,

We've had out Lenco's on for 2 years, and they haven't given us any trouble. As for install? There is no trim pump, no tube lengths to level out, and no fluids to mess with. None of that crap that can complicate installation.

Anyone who knows us, knows we run the hell out of the 16' so the tabs do get there use.....

In other words, Lenco is a great way to go.

-Brandon