PDA

View Full Version : What's up with eBay? Fine boats waaay underbid.

gold-n-rod
05-18-2004, 03:16 PM
Sorry, if I sound rude, but do the clowns that bid on eBay really think their furious bidding action at low amounts is really going to get them a fine boat? :rolleyes:

First it was that teal Blackhawk boat. No way it was "only" a $30K boat [I stand corrected, it bid to $32,300]. Were they hoping to steal it? Or is someone hoping to do an "off eBay" purchase?

The clincher was the supercharged 22. Bid only to $30,100???? And someone really thought they were going to get a $50K boat for that??? 100 x :rolleyes:

I'm beginning to get the feeling that eBay is not the place to try to sell a "fine" boat. Time and money wasted, IMHO, unless the seller is simply looking for an inexpensive way to get his boat in front of a lot of people.

another Randy

roadtrip se
05-18-2004, 03:42 PM
Actually the teal price was a good number for that BH boat, based on what I have seen them sell for over the past couple of years. As an example, a red and white one of similar vintage went for 24K last year here in Michigan.

The SC boat should bring more, but it is a one of a kind and who really knows what it is worth. You're right, the auction should generate some leads for the used car dealer who has this boat. IMHO, it needs to go to a very well quailfied buyer, not the highest bidder on ebay any way.

Todd
"You got to pay to play..."

Team Hula Girl
05-18-2004, 04:05 PM
Cheap Advertisment. It gives them a lot of direct niche market exposure and generates phone calls.

Sometimes they even get lucky and get a bidding war going.

Just my $.02

J Mitch

Mac
05-18-2004, 04:18 PM
High end stuff vary rarely goes for top dollar, unless it is something that is desired by a lot of poeple. It will usually go for a fair price but not the same price as the 1 in a 1000 guy that might come and look at it and have the money to buy it. The majoriy of the people bidding also do not have the ability to see the item in person so if it is something that has a ton of custom high end work done to it, it is not allways easy to get someone to appreaciate it and be willing to pay for it based on pictures and someone's description who they have never met.