PDA

View Full Version : Stainles props for old Volvos

BigGrizzly
05-17-2004, 08:22 PM
Testing is done on Solas Stainles props for Volvo 250 through 290 deives. I spent all Friday with the Solas engineer. Props work great on my Corsican. They work better than the Hill and the Volvo ultra props. I will have some with me at Cumberland. I have a pair of left and right 23 props for someone to try with a Big Magnum if he comes to Cunberland. Anyway the pitch sounds small but beleive me the 21 pulls better and cruise s higher than a 23Hill, Michican wheel and the ultra prop. Do the math 1.66:1 drive 5400 rpms 67mph(GPS) with a 21 pitch prop. these are big diameter props and work well on the boats. I can't sell them but you are welcom to test them. The part numbers are in the Solas book now.

Lenny
05-17-2004, 09:29 PM
Randy, what do I need on my GT21 with a semi-lame 350 and a 270, no trim. This is just about a "working" prop and nothing wild or super efficient as this is NOT a peformance situation... Would the 21 work with 275-300 HP on my boat? I need a prop...

See ya in 'Tucky :D

Forrest
05-18-2004, 10:51 AM
Dad-gum-it Grizz! Now you tell me this just as I'm pulling the 280Ts out. :bonk:

Hmmmm, is Solas going to make props for the DPX drive?

Bigbroadjumper
05-18-2004, 05:27 PM
Grizz, I can't make it this year with my old Magnum (daughter is graduating that weekend). But I would be interested in knowing more about the props. Will you have them later in the year maybe for the get together in Alabama?
Good luck at the AOTH IV and I wish I could be there with you all.

BigGrizzly
05-18-2004, 07:50 PM
I have been working on this project for over a year. This year at the Miamy boat show they showed ne the new catalgue with the pep I tested last year in it al ready. Turns out that World wide the old Volvos out rank the Mercs by a big margin- they don't break. Well three weeks ago I get an E-mail they want to come over from Thiwhan and test on my boat. Next thing I know I am on my way to the lake with two guys from Solas several props and the Corsican full of gas. after testing they took one prop back-a hand made one (as opposed to one made soly bu the computer). Rhe props left are big diameter props 15 1/2 type both 21 and 23 pitch. The 23left and right I reserved for Forrest, sorry, and bb jumper just like we talked about at Cunmberland last year-I don't forget! They will stay hear for at least a year and be available for testing only if feed back is given!! I would like some feed back from a twin application. BTW I measured them and they are one of the most exact props I have seen, including most lab finished ones. Nothing fancy just good props that work well and better then anything else out there for a Volvo. Yes Emmet I am bring them to Eufaula this year. BB jumper common down abd get a grin or two. Oh for the rechord I did send them home with a good Criterian story

Rick
05-20-2004, 08:11 AM
Grizz,
Holy cow! What a concept for the twin GT. What are these things coming in dollar wise and lead time. E-mail the details if you want.
Rick

Surfer
05-20-2004, 08:28 AM
I've been looking for a step up for my LH 280T. Whats the cost?

BigGrizzly
05-23-2004, 08:10 PM
Cost is the same as any Solas Prop. I beleave under 400. There also may be another player in the works. Another company wants to borrow my boat also. I brough all these props to Cumberland and no Volvos showed up. Lake Lanere guys help come out of hiding and lets do the prop dance.

Forrest
05-24-2004, 08:27 AM
No Donzis with Volvos at AOTH this year?? :shocking:

DAULEY
06-09-2004, 06:09 AM
Randy
what prop would you say would work best on my 1969 16 302 hm with a 250 volvo and can i get a phone # of the company to order one
thanks bob

kjly63
06-09-2004, 06:56 AM
:propeller Also very interested. I have a 20 Cig. with 350/300 hp and a volvo 270 drive no trim.

Kenny

DAULEY
06-10-2004, 07:44 PM
Randy
would like to buy a prop for my 250 drive
thanks bob

Moody Blu'
06-16-2004, 07:59 AM
ive been out of the loop, good to hear the project is going well. my trusty 250 is still here..

will these solas really pull better then my bronze 24P?

what about my 26P ultra?

David O
06-16-2004, 08:34 AM
I think Randy fell off the earth. I have written him quite a few times offering to test the props for him, only heard from him once saying getting the props to me would be a problem. I offered to pay all shipping, insurance and report back any numbers in what ever configuration he wants, provided a shipping address to me or to his local Honda dealer Jeff Posner, which ever he preferred.
Haven’t heard a word from him since.
Anyone know of his whereabouts?

DAULEY
06-16-2004, 12:14 PM
randy
what is the part # for the props that fit the volvo 250 drive short hub
i called and part # is not listed
thanks bob